1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero won't read disks anymore

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by tanyaj77, Apr 28, 2006.

1. abcdvd123

abcdvd123 Member

Finally, after trying every program I could think of; DVDFab Decrypter is the one that solved my problem!! Thanks for all the help, and now my headache is gone :)

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

strange!, but if it worked, nice one

3. lectroken

lectroken Guest

I dont know if this is related to the problem or not, but a couple of months ago I was using my AMD 1800 computer with my NEC 2500A when "right out of the clear blue sky" as they say, it would no longer burn dvd's. It was refusing dvd-r disks over and over again with no apparant reason for it. I was running Anydvd at the time also. I was using the same brands of disks although I hadnt paid much attention to the brands as I had never had a problem like this before and almost all the disks I tried worked well. I always try to burn at 4x even if the disk will allow it at 16x and I think the disks I was trying to use were newer ones that went to 16x.
    It was necessary for me to update the firmware on the drive and then the problem seemed to go away with no problem. I am confused as to what the reason was for the drive to suddenly reject disks it had been using right along. I figure that either the disk manufacturer had made a change in the media or someone or something had come down from the internet which messed with my burner.
    Now I know about DRM and some of the sneaky and vile things Sony and Microsoft have done in the past and I would bet that we will find out this is something on that level that has snuck into our machines to make it impossible for us to copy disks etc. I think I will have to make a machine dedicated to copying only and keep it off my network and internet at all costs.
    Am I paranoid or just being careful if I do this? Hmmmmm

4. Ethrieltd

Ethrieltd Member

I have had a batch of datwrite grey that changed from prodisc to mcc halfway through a spindle so that may be an issue......

...and have also had a dying drive that refused to read any TDK discs...was fine with others but TDK wouldnt read at all....

dosent help much but thought i`d mention it

5. tanyaj77

tanyaj77 Member

My burner has also stopped reading copied disks. I'm pretty sure it's my burner itself. I can't complain though... over 1000 movies burned successfully. I thinks she's trying to tell me that she's had a long, happy life and now wants me to put her out of her misery.
    I will be much happier once I get that Benq 1655 purchased :)