1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by joseshs98, Nov 29, 2004.

1. joseshs98

joseshs98 Guest

i uninstalled nero and installed again but how do u get nero to recognize ur dvd write so i can burn dvd files?

thanks

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Use Nero Tool Kit and go to Nero Info tool to see if it recognizes your DVD Writer and get back with me.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. joseshs98

joseshs98 Guest

yes it recognizes my writer

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ok I need a little more information to be able to help you out. What it exactly are you trying to do and how do you mean Nero isnt recognizing your DVD Writer? Are usin Nero Start Smart, Nero Express, or Nero Burning ROM? Can you walk me through a little bit of what you are trying to do and where you run into the problem? Please give as much information as possible when posting in these threads it will help us to be able to help you better and it won't waste so much of your time going back and forth.. Thank you

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. joseshs98

joseshs98 Guest

i am usin nero express. now when i burn a movie sometimes i use dvd shrink then i use nero to burn from my hard drive. well when i had nero installed before it had a place at the top where u can pick what u want to record to. right now i have dvd im age recorder and cdrw recorder. but before i had those two and one that i could click that was my dvd writer.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Are you opening up Nero Express through SmartStart or through start -> programs -> nero -> nero express?

8. cardawg29

cardawg29 Guest

I am having this same problem. I have Nero start smart and I have a movie on my hard drive waiting to be burned, but I cannot access it through Nero. Help?

9. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Joseshs98,

I believe flip218 has nailed your issue. In most cases what you are describing occurs when you launch from Nero StartSmart and you have the CD tab selected. This will only allow CD type burns, such as Audio CD's, Data CD, VCD, SVCD, etc.. but no DVD burns.

You must select the DVD tab and then you can do DVD burns such as Data DVD, DVD-Video, etc.

And Cardawg39,

How is your Movie stored on your Hard Drive? Is it in VOB files from using software such as DVD Shrink, or is it an AVI or MPEG2 file? The format it's in would dictate which program you will use. If you have an AVI or MPEG file, you will more than likely select the option in StartSmart for "Make Your Own DVD-Video". However, if they are in VOB format, you would use the "Recode DVD-Video" option in StartSmart.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA