1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero6 trouble

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by munchinuk, Mar 7, 2005.

1. munchinuk

munchinuk Guest

sorry about this but having problems with nero 6..it freezes my pc while burning...using win 98se, liteon sohw 1653s..been working fine but now just hangs only thing i can do is restart the pc.even tried roxios recordnow..that works great but cant play dvs in standalone or pc lol..media im using at the moment is dataon premium..cheap i know, but not all 25 on the spindle can be bad?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I know of RecordNow made by Orlogix or Sonic and I know of Roxio's Easy CD/DVD Creator - is it one of these that you have and if so which one?

I'd recommend three steps to start off with:

1) Unistall your drive through Device Manager using the following steps:
    Go to Device Manager >

Expand the tree for DVD/CD ROM Drives >

Find the drive in question, right click it and go to Properties >

Under the Driver tab, select Uninstall then OK.

Now reboot and Windows should detect and reinstall the drive.

If this doesn't help try the same steps as above except expand the tree for IDE ATA/ATA Controllers and uninstall either the Primary or Secondary controller depending on which one the drive in question is attatched to. Nero Info Tool can tell you which chain the drive is on under the Configuration tab.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/nero_info_tool.cfm

2) Reinstall Nero.

3) Get better media especially if the freezing started around the time you started using the cheap stuff :)

If it turns out that you have Roxio's Easy CD/DVD Creator on your system you should uninstall it since it loves to conflict with other burning apps especially Nero. Here's a small utility that will remove the last bits left behind after the uninstall:

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/kb/ecddvdc/ee6000061.jhtml

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  3. maliaus

maliaus Guest

I am also having a problem with Nero 6. I have tried to install it, but I can only get as far as where you enter the serial number and the "OK" wont come active, even tho this is a store bought product. I then went to reinstall Nero ver 5.5 and now it wont install at all saying that another program is installing please wait for that to finish and start this install again" I have gotten this message 4 times with a restart everytime, with double restarting on the last try. Any Ideas? Thanks.

4. Nephilim

@ maliaus

That's one to take up with Nero's tech support.

Also, advertising isn't allowed in the forums so if you'd kindly remove the link from your sig we'd sure appreciate it :)

5. munchinuk

munchinuk Guest

think ive solved it now...downloaded nero clean tool from there site to delete all nero software off...then ran regclean it found 78 nero enties so deleted them rebooted and reinstalled nero again..hey presto no more hangs. seems when i deleted it before it was keeping some nero bits hanging around. so if your having similiar probs try this route it worked for me. thanks for the forum support anyway.

6. maliaus

maliaus Guest

Sorry about that, I'll remove it now.

7. Nephilim