1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero8 Burning ROM doesn't work with DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by PacMan777, Oct 29, 2007.

1. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

Thanks for all the info Zo So IV and PacMan 777. I will stick with what I have then until all the kinks are worked out.

2. sayef

sayef Member

while instalation (extraction is completed and i am in instalation phase), i got the msg "Source file not found: ......" and the missing file is 188C6385.cab, i need this file to complete the instalation.

thank you.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Sounds like a corrupted install. Clean out what you've done and start clean. If your source is from a download, I'd suggest getting a new download.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@sayef
    Please just ask your question once on one thread - forum rules and causes less confusion.
    Plus this thread has nothing to do w/ the problem you are having.

Leaving this thread open for your query:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/593757

5. khanh327

khanh327 Member

i have use anydvd and shrink .when i use nero 7 essential to burn from hard drive to the dvdr+ it say that form mat afer i burn will not play on any dvd player . i try to burn .i can not play when i use dvd player. can you tell me why. i try to uninstall this free nero and install new nero7 premium but i have the problem the new one do nt work i think i didnot uninstall the old one completd. how doyou do it . please answer me this is my email edited by ddp. this is my first time

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

khanh, no email posting as per forum rules above, post edited.

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

8. binkie7

@khanh327
    Use the dvd-video in Express or Burning Rom. From your post it sounds like you're using one of the other options and that would be why you would get that message from Nero and they are not playing in the player.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Fist off you will need your program serial. Otherwise what you install will be a trial. When you install your full version, install the serial.

Delete Nero using Add-Remove on the Control Panel. Go to Nero Support online. Download and use the clean tool. Check the Nero folder in Program Files to make sure it's all gone. If not, manually delete anything you see left. Reboot and run a reg cleaner if you have one. Then do a clean install of your program.

10. jacobb23

jacobb23 Member

ok..so i have nero express..not sure which version..i got it from the afterdawn.com guide..i used dvdshrink..then copied all the files from the video TS folder into Nero Express and hit burn..right at 100% it says, burn process failed..any ideas?

11. binkie7

Hi jacobb23
    Start a new thread for you problem and post the Nero log. If you didn't save it here's a link on where to find them and how to post them -
    link.

If you have Nero 7.10.1.0 or Nero 8 they'll be here:
    documents and settings>whatever the name of your pc is>application data>Nero>Nero 7 or Nero 8>Burning Rom>NeroHistory.

12. dreaming

dreaming Member

I'm a total idiot at all this stuff (48 years old and didn't even have computers when I was a teenager)but I have been burning with DVD Shrink and DVD Shrink for over 3 years. My hard drive crashed and I just downloaded the free trial of Nero 8 and DVD Shrink after installing a new hard drive and Windows and burned 5 movies fine if this means anything! I always copy to the hard drive first and then use Nero to burn! I was thinking about buying Nero 8 but now have my reservations! Maybe I got lucky on these last 5 movies!

13. dreaming

dreaming Member

I meant to say have used for years DVD Shrink and Nero!

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The problems were only with auto burning with Nero as a supported burner. Saving to hard drive and burning with Nero still works. So if you want Nero, there's no reason not to get it. I've moved up to Nero 8 already. I was a bit reluctant at first, but decided to go ahead.

15. hitmanout

hitmanout Member

Download movie open nero8 go to creat and edit go to AUTHOR,EDIT,AND,CAPTURE VIDEO.Then go to (make dvd)and dvd video
    add video files and click next.(And where it says menus to use put it to do not create a menu.)and click next and it will be just like puttig it through dvd shrink and it work for me on my dvd players.from hitmanout

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

That has nothing to do with Shrink. The method is fine for AVI downloads. Nero Vision 5 does a good job with conversion, transcoding, and burning. For doing DVD backups needing transcoding though, the best program in Nero is Recode. If 4.37GB or less Nero Express can easily do the burn job, if the files have been decrypted. With copy protected media, there is a need for a program to bypass the copy protection in addition to the Nero software.

That still doesn't change the fact that Nero 8 isn't supported in Shrink for auto burning.

17. warrior7

warrior7 Guest

Found out the hard way after copying several DVD's, have to save and burn from ISO image and all is good with NERO 8 using Shrink....No big deal however....

18. Gunny46

Gunny46 Guest

I downloaded Nero 8 to check it out. Now it took almost an hour to download this crap. I have been using Windows Media Player 11 and I also have Roxio Easy CD Recorder 5 Platinum that I stop using. After I finely got this Burner downloaded I gave it a try. What i found was that it took longer to list the songs than it did on WMP 11. I can Rip, Burn CD's, Apply volume leveling across tracks on my CD's, and it was free I did not have to pay for WMP 11. So Deleted Nero 8 and it took over 21 minutes to delete this overprice piece of crap.

19. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

run the nero clean tool also

yeah I'm not impressed with nero 8 at all, to bloated

20. angel45

angel45 Member

guys iknow some people love dvd shrink and ot work find for untill
    i started using dvdfab you cant get it here: http://www.dvdfab.com/.
    Is a great poduct ad it has lot of features..