1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neros' own forum. not responding.

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by PopPete, Jul 3, 2013.

1. PopPete

PopPete Newbie

Hi y'all
    Has anybody encountered a problem with the Nero forum.

I wanted some insight on a particular file location and whenever I access the site if
    I try to open an existing thread all I get is an error 400 message.

That error states the page address may have been incorrectly typed or it's outdated. When I can access the forum pages I see posts there that are like two hours old so I know the address must be right.

Sometimes when I can get into the forum and go to login another message pops up and says a command was sent that the server does not understand.

Imagine that.. two machines that can't talk to each other.
    At least it's refreshing to know that the world is safe from all the computers banding together and taking over.

I'v run diagnostics (Win 7 Pro x64 SP1) and opened MS's FixIt and no problems seem to be lurking in my machine.

Needless to say it's frustrating and the discussion of Nero on this forum is sparse but no fault of the forum, just not to many Nerroites out out there that use it.

If anyone has had a similiar problem with nero or any other forum maybe you could lend some insight.

Oh and I ran kav several times thinking maybe I caught a bug but system is clean.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

en.forum.my.nero.com/‎ first entry when i googled nero forumns.

3. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Might be better off to address your issues to the Nero admins directly??

4. PopPete

PopPete Newbie

Thank you very much for the reply.

One more avenue I can explore.

5. PopPete

PopPete Newbie

Yes. You are right in that option....except

I requested from nero support via email for an answer and not too long after (was actually surprised) got a response to go to their download site and search FAQ.

Uhh. excuse me nero but already had done that, been there.

I don't just take up space and resources and peoples time by rushing out on line when I need some assistance.

That is when I also googled and found this great spot to look.

It has tons of different areas to explore and is the silver lining around a dark cloud.

It could be a corruption in by browser..IE9.. so I will update to IE10 and see if that helps. Of course I'll completely clean all history from the old version first to avoid a spillover of something that is causing the problem.

But when I get down to it I think the problem might have been caused by installing a program I used to have on my machine..Roxio Media Creator 2012 Pro..but had removed some time ago for some reason I can't remember and inside the install package a Divx browser add on was also installed.

Can't get rid of it after running three different uninstall programs so I hope the IE update will help.

Thanks again for your help.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

don't upgrade to ie10, try re-setting internet explorer under the advance tab in internet options as had to do that last night as a popup script kept appearing on this site but not other sites i'm on.

7. PopPete

PopPete Newbie

I appreciate your response and was apprehensive regarding the IE10 business. I seem to remember it was once on my system and really upset the apple cart.

I did,indeed, reset ie9 and that seemed to have no effect. I aso troubleshooted the problem on MSs' website and ran a diagnostic of possible problems that may cause erratic behaviour and lo and behold up popped 20 or more browser add ons that I have no idea where they came from.

Under most of them it explained that this add on may cause problems so I disabled all that bore that tag.

Sorry to say that it did not help.
    So I opened program and features in windows and searched "installed updates" till I located IE9 and removed it.

That got me back to IE8 which is included in the original Win7 installation disc
    and wonder of wonders it solved the problem.

I am going to abandon the IE10 idea and instead go to Microsoft downloads and put 9 back.
    I'm used to it and now I know what to do if the situation comes up again.

Again thank you very much for your help.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

no problem.