1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeroVision 3 release 3.0.1.18

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by yeshead, Jan 4, 2005.

1. yeshead

yeshead Member

All,

I have an AV Synch problem with Nero and the release notes on NERO's site say that it is fixed in version 3.0.1.18. However, it is not available in the download areas.

Does anyone know when it will be available as i am getting no response from their tech support

Thanks

Jon

2. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

The usual window is between the 3rd and 10th of the month. With the occassional later month release.

3. gks

gks Member

I have gotten alot of info from these forums - time to return some:
    NVE30118 is available from the japanese nero site;
    here is the download address

ftp://ftp.us.nero.com/NVE30118_jpn.exe

I solved alot of recode problems by installing 6.0.0.6 OEM and then putting 6.6.0.3 over the top I have now got ALL NERO ULTRA OPTIONS

Recoding normal & digital video / multichannel etc all with only the one serial number.

Straight 6.6.0.3 gave me heaps of problems lost recode options / photo viewer didn't open etc etc etc

4. yeshead

yeshead Member

Thanks dbminter and gks for taking the time to help me out.

Best

Jon

5. gks

gks Member

One more thing that has come to light - Don't (DO NOT ! ) run ghost 9 whilst trying to recode.

You will ( I have ) gotten "cant read file" %S report.

This appears to be from ghost 9 running ( even if turned off - ghost 9 keeps running in the back ground )
    If its installed and you want to keep it on your system.

Control / alt / delete find the process and stop it

6. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Sounds like a conflict with the task scheduler for Ghost. That's the part that is probably running in the background. Or that little Ghost icon in the Notification Area, whatever runs that might be the problem.

Yeah, regardless of if it's Ghost, Drive Image 7, Acronis, etc. you shouldn't run anything that intensively uses the HD. In fact, when I image backup within Windows, I close down anything else first and wait until it's finished. Just in case.

7. a.steele

a.steele Member

I've downloaded and installed 3.0.1.18 - and I was hopeful that it has addressed the transcoding issue that I was seeing - but alas no. It gets further through the process, but still stops as it did before.

Just out of interest, I selected the "Extended Play" 1MB/s mode, and "one pass encoding" - and it got to approx 80% of the way through before stopping. When I select the "Normal Play" and 2-pass encodoing, it gets approx 25% of the way through.

This is so frustrating!!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  8. yeshead

yeshead Member

Hi a.steele,

I think that you have encountered a problem I had. Mine stopped where the VOB I imported had more than one segment and it stopped at the end of a segment (characterised by the elapsed time going up but not the processed time). The only get-round that worked for me was to export it to the hard disk (which gets rid of segments) and add it back in, and then putting in the chapters.

Might be wrong but sounds like my problem.

Let me know if it helps

Jon

9. a.steele

a.steele Member

Hi Jon,
    Wow - could you really have the answer to my nightmare?! That'd be great!

What do you mean about "exporting to the hard disk"?
    I have only ever tried writing the project to the disk as an image - which has the issue.
    This new version offers a new option to write to a "hard disk folder" - but this has the same issue during transcoding... :(

Rgds,
    Antony.