1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerovision 5 Menu Options ans Techniques

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by lokidog, Feb 23, 2008.

1. lokidog

lokidog Member

I guess this is more of an observation and rant. I was finally preficient at creating menus and such with Nerovision 4. Then I upgraded.

So now we have an assortment of REALLY UGLY horrible 2D templates, completely different from 4, and snazzy 3D menus that are not very appropriate for what I think would be the major uses of the software.

My major gripes are:

I want to specify how many buttons are on the menu. Easy with 4 - seems built into 5 unless you go advanced and then its way too much work!

I don't want the Main Menu for most projects. I only want chapters. OK again under advanced in 2D (so you can make all the changes you want in non-advanced mode, then switch to advanced). But it seems impossible in 3D (which are much better looking).

Also - background images. The ones that came with 4 are all gone - and the ones in 5 are mostly built into them and again UGLY.

Maybe working with this will resolve the issues - maybe creating my own templates. But I think the ease and speed of creating Menus is gone, substituted with many more options that I simply don't want or are really visually bad. (I can't see one button frame that looks nice - they are all like something from a Saturday Morning Cartoon - except for Black)

2. attar

attar Senior member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  3. lokidog

lokidog Member

As far as I can figure out these do not work with Nero 8. At least in a 'functional' way. That is how can I choose the Nerovision method of choosing the number of buttons per page and have these all occur on every page in that manner. The only way I see to do this is to use an unsuitable template, then change the background, etc. Then choose advanced editing, then go to later pages and move the chapters to the first page, then delete the other pages! Way to difficult.