1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nerovision burn says success but audio problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by lee73, Jan 24, 2006.

1. lee73

lee73 Member

right ive been trying to remedy a problem ive had when recently buring files to dvd with no joy
    basically ive done a load of successful burns to dvd with nerovision,but for the last couple of days ive had problems with a few files
    ive eliminated the possiblity of bad media,these are dvd- rw that have had been ok previously as well as trying other media with the same results
    basically the files play fine on my pc,but when ive done a burn they are fine up until about 3 mins into it,then it momentarily goes pixelated then the audio goes out of sync for the duration,although the burn successful window popsup
    ive tried the same file burns a few times with the same results
    now ive eliminated the chance of media problems what else could be causing this problem,also ive viewed the transcoding process in the window and as it is transcoding after about 3 mins i can see the problem happen in the preview window
    so 2 questions,1.obviously, does anyone know whats causing this prob
    and 2.is it possible that these files have some sort of built in copyright protection,bearing in mind these files are torrent files created from tv broadcasts in the states
    please help someone its driving me mad
    thanks people
    lee

2. gear79

gear79 Guest

well, firstly, what media are you using?
    secondly, what burner are you using?
    and third, what dvd player are you trying it in?

3. lofty2x2

lofty2x2 Guest

Hi Lee.
    Im having exactly the same problem, sounds like we are both trying to burn the same type of file. Ive got 25 episodes of a tv program in AVI format.
    DVD
    Im now using Verbatim DVD-R disks(ive tried other cheaper brands too) and ive got both a Sony RW DW Q30A and a Pioneer DVD DVR 110D DVD writers.

All of the AVI files play perfectly before burning-however, once I burn to DVDs, th problems start. When i play the discs on a DVD (ive tried 5 different dvd players and my dvd drives, the audio gets progressively more out of sync)

PC is Athlon 64 2400, 200+ GB hard drive free space.
    I burn at 4x speed using Nero vision-ive done this countless times with other avi files and never had this problem.

When i click on properties of the avi files it states that the video compression is XVID -(not sure if this is important)

Just wondering if you had solved your problem yet and could give me any advise. Ive searched all over this site, and although out of sync audio is a common problem, I have yet to read of anyone solving this problem- maybe its just the files themselves as its never happened before.
    Thanks.

4. lee73

lee73 Member

hi lofty,i havent sorted it yet but ive narrowed the problem down
    ive since tried another multi file burn with nerovision and it was ok as it used to be
    i'm fairly sure the problem is in the files themselves,they are tv broadcasts and from rooting round the net,possible answers lie in these,
    1.bad files due to bad editing out the commercials(mine go out of sync after where the first commercial would be
    2. a problem to do with the conversion of ntsc to pal(im in the uk)
    3. not enough RAM(not a prob for me)
    4.burn at too high speeds(again not a prob for me)
    5. problem to do with the file being VBR and not CBR

the answer which i found was the easiest to sort out was to rip the audio from the avi with virtualdub(or virtual dubmod)and uncompress it or something
    i have a vague idea about this but maybe another member mat be able to explain this better

hope this helps

ps im fairly sure its down to bad files,as a member of another site asked the same inquiry and his was even the same files as mine

5. lofty2x2

lofty2x2 Guest

Hi Lee, thanks for the quick reply and your advice.
    Yeh, I think ur right, probably a problem with the files (its lost my the way) as its never happened before. So if they had been badly edited, they would still play ok on the pc before you convert them to dvd format?
    Im in the UK too. Ive got a GIG of ram so im pretty sure its not that either, nor is it writing speeds or media.
    Someone mentioed a program that allows you to lock the sound onto the avi file-sounds very complicated.
    I suppose the best thing to do in nerovision or whatever software we r using is to write the finished product to harddrive rather than dvd, which I have been doing.
    Well, ill keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I learn how to sort this.
    Thanks.

6. tiffo

tiffo Member

I've had the same problem but i can't see it being bad files because i've downloaded three diferent files of the same thing and it is still happening but then again i aint no expert so what do i know. but if anybody can solve this problem it will save me going nuts

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  7. blck_hl

blck_hl Guest

I have the same problem and with TV shows only.

I experienced the same thing with the original AVI file when I played it with Nero Showtime on my PC.

However, when I played it with Windows MP 10 or VLC, it was fine.

I also tried to isolate the clip where the out-of-sync glitch begins and transcode it with different software (i.e. tmpgenc, procoder, dvdit pro) and then burned the clip to dvd and viewed it on my standalone dvd player. The result: only the Nero clip has the problem.

As the previous poster said, it might have to do with the editing out of the commercials, etc. Too bad, because Nero is certainly fast and convenient otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2006
  8. Stir_Fry

Stir_Fry Regular member

I think the problem is because there are two framerates of NTSC.

1) NTSC 'Film' 23.976 Hz
    2) NTSC 'Normal' 29.97 Hz

The TV show you've downloaded is prob the top one (use GSpot to check). My theory is NeroVision can only properly handle the normal NTSC.

I've had to use Tmpgenc Xpress to covert AVI of 23.976 Hz framerate.

Don't know this is right for sure, what do you think?

9. outinpa

outinpa Member

I'm another nero user suffering from the video/audio sync. It's only happening to TV shows. i'm trying divsToDVD to covert & burn. it seems very slow so far, but i will report back!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  10. si_wba

si_wba Member

Hi guys,

I'm another one with the exact same problem, I'm using Nerovision too and at about 3 mins in, everything goes wrong! However when i play the original .avi files on Neroshowtime they are fine.. (unlike what happened to one of you?) I'm going to try and convert the files using different software and see how it goes, if any of you do find a way around it then please keep me informed!

Thanks

11. Stir_Fry

Stir_Fry Regular member

si-wba, what frame rate are your avi's? I'm starting to think more and more that Nero aint good at avi's with 23.976 Hz frame rate.

I used TMPGEnc Xpress and converted to standard PAL. Seemed fine (and the pic quailty seem better than Nero).

12. newboymat

newboymat Guest

sorry to jump in on you all, but i thought i'd just say me too!!!

and yes its lost. episodes 6-10.

1-5 through nero fine, to one disc.

6-10 bad lip synch problems.. origionals are fine though.

if converted individually with vso divx to dvd they come out fine.

anmy ideas of another programme that will put five episodes on a disc with a menu like nero???

i'll keep my eyes posted and put forward any ideas i/my mates have ..
    there are 3 of us in the same boat , although all not great with
    computers.. all uk based also .
    thanks and good luck to us all..!

13. si_wba

si_wba Member

I was doing episodes 9-12 and the frame rate was the same as yours.. 23.976. Obviously Nero has some kind of issue with NTSC film? I ended up converting them to PAL with DivXtoDVD and then using Nero recode to burn them to DVD, with a menu that I had created previously with NeroVision. Seems to have worked fine, video/audio in perfect sync and picture isn't bad at all.. apart from the usual green pixelated bits that appear and disappear.

It was in fact the first lost DVD that I'd made so I was unaware that it's only been like this for the last few episodes?

14. newboymat

newboymat Guest

is that vso divx to dvd?
    thanks.

15. si_wba

si_wba Member

yes, VSO

16. lee73

lee73 Member

ok just to let people know,the method i used to sort my problem out was to rip the audio using Virtualdub mod to an uncompressed wav. and encode using TMPGEnc,of course this method does not allow for menu's etc but basically its a quick fix and does sync the audio/video together correctly.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  17. Stir_Fry

Stir_Fry Regular member

Guy's why can't I get divxtodvd to say it's gonna convert to Pal?

Before I add any files I go into the TV Format settings and make sure it's on Pal, add the files, check it's still Pal in the settings, it is, then check the files drop down and they say 'Target NTSC'!

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2553/untitled9er1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  18. newboymat

newboymat Guest

ok i got it sorted last night ..

i did as si_wba did..
    converted to pal with vso divx to dvd and then burnt with menu using
    nero..

and now all tickety boo...

nice...

19. kekes

kekes Member

after 3 days and trying everything to solve the audio sync problem i have finally done it with PERFECT RESULTS.

i tried everything, older versions of Nero, VirtualDub etc etc etc.

tehn i saw another posters suggestion and put it to the test.

IT WORKED!!!

this works for Nero 6 vision express all versions.

DISABLE THE Nero CODECS

its that simple, once this is done you will be able to make dvd's from avi's without the sync problem.

how do you do this.

1.remove your digital serial number. (make sure you keep it somewhere to re enter later)

2. put your pc's date forward 1 month so the codecs expire.

3. use Nero vision express, it will now work correctly.

when done, put your serial number back to you can use recode and other things that are disabled when you remove the serial. also dont forget to put the clock back to the correct date.

20. jay2005x

jay2005x Guest

Hi - you say to remove your serial and put clock forward.

I do this and its saying that nero is a demo so I cant encode!

There must be an easier way. My friend is able to convert and burn lost with same program and has no problems at all.