1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nerovision burn says success but audio problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by lee73, Jan 24, 2006.

1. kekes

kekes Member

which serail are you removing? its the digital plugin one that need to be removed.

once that is done then when u import an avi file the mpeg codec expired pop up will show. u close this and continue on

2. jay2005x

jay2005x Guest

I havent got a serial in there for nero digital. there is only one serial - 'Nero 6 SE'

Im really struggling with htis now. Is it the nero digital codec thats causing this then? I tried uninstalling it all then reinstalling without any updates but that still didnt work.

3. jay2005x

jay2005x Guest

I have just uninstalled everything to do with nero. i have the nero oem cd. where do i go from here? what should i install? what should i not install? what should i not update???

really need to sort this so any help is appreciated!

Fed up of my lost dvds being out of sync!

4. kekes

kekes Member

ok, install nero, open nero startsmart, click logo of fire in right hand corner, then click updates, this will take you to neros update webpage, download and install packages 1 and 2. put clock forward 1 month so codecs expire and u r done.

this is for nero 6 only

Last edited: Feb 11, 2006
  5. jay2005x

jay2005x Guest

my codecs wont expire. nothing happens! u must have diff version.

6. kekes

kekes Member

works for nero 6. version 6.6.0.18 and vision express 3.1.0.21

7. jay2005x

jay2005x Guest

erm, well i cant seem to get that so im still stuck.
    I have tried every way you can think of to get these Lost episodes in Sync, season 1 was the same, but never had a prob with anything else with nerovision express 3!

Getting fed up with it now to be honest so really need some answers on how to solve this problem. My friend manages it fine in nero, no probs. I really dont want to use another dvd making tool as i love nero - but this is really annoying now. Hva etried the usual re-encode the audio, put it through virtualdub blah blah but it doesnt work. If my friend can do it, so can i - its just finding the reason. I think your right about disabling the nero codecs, its just finding out how to do it as i have a diff version to you. And if you disable nero codecs, then what codecs does it use? i.e. how do you tell nero what codecs to use? I have installed: ffdshow and xvid codecs. If someone has the answer, please let us know! I usually put 6 eps of Lost on a disc - in super long play - did it same way with smallville and no problems. Very frustrating now!!!!!!!

8. lofty2x2

lofty2x2 Guest

Hi everyone. After much experimenting and coasters i seem to have got it to work too. Some of you have tried this and it seems to work fine.
    I had same prob, avi files played fine on pc, but as soon as put onto a dvd with nero, the audio sync went out until it was un watchable.

Ive used an application called VSO divxtodvd- which some of you have used also. From my point of view as im not a massive expert, this seems the easiest.

All I did was load up VSO divxtodvd. Go to add file and select the lost files(you can do one at a time, or all 25 at once.
    Once the files appear in the window, go onto the settings drop down bar and select tv format. Now just change this from NTSC to PAL, then click convert.

It doesn't take too long to convert the files to PAL format. Once they are converted, the PAL format of the files are copied into a folder (you choose this before converting)

Now I simply went into nero, did my usual thing with adding menus, chapters etc, but obviously add the PAL converted versions of the FILES and not the original ones.

I burned as normal at 4 speed and they WORK! Audio locked in sync. Im pretty sure its something to do with the frame rate, never had this problem before but id definately recommend VSO divxtodvd as I was in the same boat as many of you before and was about to give up. Thanks to everyone on this thread and I hope this helps-im off to watch lost now!

9. kekes

kekes Member

10. dpd81

dpd81 Member

hello everyone. i had exactly the same prob as all of you and i sorted it after weeks of trying. i dont recommend transcoding with nero as in my experience it is not very good. but is good for creating menus on your dvd etc. i use dvdsanta to transcode and then run the files through nero to create menus and what not. it is also a bit quicker than nero. instead of taking about 8 hours to do 4 episodes of lost dvdsanta takes about 4 hours. using this method i have burned dvds with 100% success. no sound lag whatsoever. i hope this helps and good luck.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  11. jay2005x

jay2005x Guest

i will be using dvdsanta. i want to put 6 episodes on one disc. so do i add 6 episodes to dvd santa and let it convert?

ok so once u have them as vob files in a ts folder, where do u add them to nero to make a menu? it says 'add video file' and thats where i usually put my avi, but how does nero and i know which episode is ep 1, ep 2 ect ect????? where would i add them on nero?

cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2006
  12. drnknja

drnknja Regular member

basically u cant...dvdsanta makes a menuless dvd file it rips them straight to dvd you would have to use nero to convert with a menu from what i understand i was haveing the same problem with the shield so i updated all my drivers and firmware then used nero to down size and convert the files to video_ts files onto my hard drive first then burn to dvd at 4X it solved my audio sync problem but dvdvsanta will solve it too just with no menu that i know of sorry.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  13. jay2005x

jay2005x Guest

ok say i have 6 episodes made in dvd format via dvdsanta. how would i add THEM to nero and make a menu? dvdsanta is making it in sync which is brilliant, but can i not use these files in nerovision to now make a menu?

dontknow why nero wont sync them but dvdsanta does

14. dpd81

dpd81 Member

right this is how i do it (with menus through nero). im using nero 7 premium. when dvdsanta has finished it will store the files in "temp dvd" in c:. if you go into the video file you will notice there are vts files.each file will be numbered and there are usually 4 files with the same number. eg: vts.1,vts.1,vts.1,vts.1,vts.2,vts.2......and so on . so if you have 4 episodes these numbers will go up to 4.(4 files for each episode). so when in nero press "add video" and go to your temp dvd file in c:, go into video and import each episode (remember all 4 files with the same number 1 being episode 1). then once all episodes are there click next and create your menus. i hope this helps and good luck. let me know how you get on!!!!

15. jay2005x

jay2005x Guest

ok but the dvd files for each episode are approx 600mb - nero prob wont let me put 6 episodes in for one disc them being this big....will it?

16. drnknja

drnknja Regular member

it think it should that is only one episode bigger then the ones that i make i put on 3 disc 4-5-4 but the shield is 13 episodes a season....but the 5 on one disc works just fine for me their is actual about 1g left....well their is actually just a little more then that but i like to keep a safety margin....so good luck i think it should work for ya bud

17. dpd81

dpd81 Member

yes it will but be aware that the more episodes you put on 1 blank dvd the less quality and end result will be. thats why i only put 4 on to retain the original quality. but if you want 6 on, nero will automatically tell you that it will reduce the quality everytime you add a video file if it is too large for the disc. alternatively if you click on "more" then "video options" change the "quality" tab to custom and you can change the settings manually to whatever you want. when you click out you will be able to see how much of the disc you are using at the bottom of the screen.(i would advise not to burn too close to the edge of the disc).

18. drnknja

drnknja Regular member

yea sorry i guess i should have mentioned the quality thing...just like old school vhs could trade play length for quality...i personly dont see a quality change that is worth complaning about with 5 episodes but hey not to say that the 6 one wont be the deal breaker so yes definateky keep that in mind

19. nevster

nevster Member

ive had these exact same problems, but im not sure its to do with the files being avi.... i also dont think its to do with converting ntsc to pal...

so far i managed to do oz seasons 1-6 and sex and the city seasons 1-3 with no problems, but ive had the exact same sync issues with

lost season 1&2
    smallville season 5
    house md season 1

and my name is earl season 1 but only the episodes 13 and 14 which were seperate torrents to the season 1 torrent i found containing episodes 1-12.

i hope someone finds a solution soon...

im currently doing house md for a 2nd time trying loads of different methods, i'll post later if i get any good results....