1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerovision Express 2 Transcoding Problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Hywel, Sep 1, 2004.

1. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Sounds more like codec problems to me. I've updated to Nero Rom 66XX, but have stayed with NVE2 which has served me well. Had major problems with NVE3. Still sp1 here, no need for sp2.

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Stephentx,

Sorry, my fingers go too fast when typing sometimes, and I'm not strong on proof reading before posting. :-(

Could you resend those files to me at Techsupport4@nero.com? The other Email address I gave you goes into a queue and is responded to by the first available Tech Rep.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

3. MaestroD

MaestroD Guest

HOW TO TURN $6 INTO $6,000!!!!!!

READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

My mother's ashamed she ever squirted me out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2005
  4. a.steele

a.steele Member

...I guess that is something to do whilst we wait for the next software release!

[sigh]

5. jdhannan

jdhannan Member

Hi Craig,
    Yes i have switched to the new Nero, nothing at all worked until i completely uninstalled the Nero suite and reinstalled 27...
    All the larger movies (700mb) that i tried made it crash. The adding/progress window opens, then goes away, then the main program is hung. They are all .avi format, but i don't know how they were made.
    I found one 453MB MPG file that it would seem to successfully add in.
    I don't have any method for generating new video files other than reencoding pre-existing ones...
    If theres anything else I can find out for you, please let me know and i'll get on it!

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

This thread has gone on so long that I'll repeat a suggestion. This kind of behavior suggests a codec problem and can affect many programs not just Nero.

For AVI's get and use GSpot to identify it and list the codecs used/needed. When you hit Render it will tell you what Windows has chosen to use. Just because it plays in MediaPlayer does not mean an app can re-endode it.
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

Many folks (and applications) are have problems with the latest AVI, Xvid (1.03) encodes. NVE, MainConcept, and DVDWorkshop2 all would choke at some point on these for me.
    http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml

Simply installing it does not mean it will be used. That's where GSpot comes in. Even though I installed it Windows still chose to use an mpeg4 codec installed by InterVideo. That's where MMComp View comes in. It will allow you disable (or re-enble) any installed codecs.
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mmview.html

For my uses I deleted and old Dvix codec, intalled Xvid 1.03, then ffdshow (telling it not to deal with Xvid's). Then with MMComp View I disabled the useless mpeg4 Intervideo codecs. Xvid and ffdshow can both be configured after the fact, but it can be a bit tricky.

Massive codec packs are seldom the answer.

7. trebax1

trebax1 Member

Hi,

Please can anyone help me. I've just got myself a DVD burner (Emprex) and I've started burning the odd film to DVD using Nero vision express 2.

On most occassion all is ok - however, when trying to burn some films I have a sound/video sync problem. i.e. the sound isn't synchronised with the video.

The films I'm haveing trouble with are usually divX encoded or Mpegs. I don't know if the problem is a codec or a setting issue. I use Gspot and AVIcodec and both tell me that I have the correct codecs. The movies play fine in Windows media player. But have the sound sync problem when burnt on DVD.

Can anyone offer some advice to a newbie please, please, please.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance
    Trebax.

P.s. I'm running windows XP - sp1,
    2.5ghz Intel Pentium
    512 Ram
    Creative Labs Ti4200 Video Card

8. MysticE

MysticE Active member

I assume in GSpot you are looking past the 'stat-> compatable codecs installed'. When you 'Render' does it still show the proper codecs actually being used?

9. trebax1

trebax1 Member

Hi,

Yes when I render it says I'm still using the correct codecs.

Here are the details:

In the Video codec section it says I have 3 compatible codecs:

[bold]VIDEO:[/bold]
    The following codecs all claim to be capable of processing this format:

{DivX Decoder Filter}
    {DivX Decoder Filter}
    {3ivx D4 Video Decoder}

DirectShow is apparently able to play the file as well (see "DirectShow Render", below),

In the audio I have 2 compatible codecs:

[bold]AUDIO:[/bold]
    Audio Format:
    Code: 0x0055
    Name: WAVE_FORMAT_MPEGLAYER3 (MP3)
    Vendor: ISO/MPEG

The following codecs should both capable of processing this format:

--> {DivX MPEG Layer-3 Codec (professional)}
    --> {MPEG Layer-3 Decoder}

DirectShow was also able to find a codec to render it - the sound for this media clip should work fine.

See the DirectShow Render details for more info.

When I [bold]render[/bold] the movie it says the following:

DirectShow claims to be able to play the file. The following combination of filters were used:

{G:\@VIDEO\movie1.avi} (Source)
    {AVI Splitter} (Splitter)

{DivX Decoder Filter} (Video Decoder)
    {Video Renderer} (Video Renderer)

{MPEG Layer-3 Decoder} (Audio Decoder)
    {Default DirectSound Device} (Audio Renderer)

Does this give you any clues as to what may be wrong?

Thanks in advance.
    Trebax.

10. jdhannan

jdhannan Member

MysticE>
    I had a look at GSpot and I'll be darned if i can figure out what's wrong. I tried a few of my large video files and they all say RENDER OK with the following combo of filters... thats under the MS one
    under the GSpot one, it tells me to click 2 and then that says some error about it cant create an instance of VideoRenderer
    I guess if it told me what was wrong with the rendering thing, i could disable it with MMCompView...
    Am i missing something big about GSpot? I mean, atleast i found it... *grin*

11. MysticE

MysticE Active member

What kind of file does GSpot say it is? 4CC: xvid?

12. DeltaDc

DeltaDc Member

Well, I'm pretty new to nero... I have the latest version of nero & visionexpress 3.

Right now, I'm just playing around with trying to make a dvd. I'm using an avi file that I ripped from my own dvd.. Stargate series.. ( Don't make fun, I like the Show ). I encoded the file in divx with ac3 5.1. It plays fine on all of my media players. But when I add the avi and try to burn, I get an error:

15:56:42] DVDEngine ERROR
    [15:56:42] DVDEngine cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
    [15:56:42] DVDEngine source: GetSampleData
    [15:56:42] DVDEngine description: The owner SID on a per-user subscription doesn't exist

What does that mean? I hope this wasn't a stupid question..

Thanks for any help

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  13. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Seems like a rather roundabout way to make a DVD. If you are trying to backup your DVD, rip it to your drive with DVDDecrypter then open those files with Nero Recode, which will allow you to shrink it to fit or only copy the main feature. You will end up with much better quality that way.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  14. DeltaDc

DeltaDc Member

No.. That would be a round about way to make a DVD...lol.. Like I said, I'm new to using nero, and just wanted to test out the dvd making process..

Any help would be great.

Dc

15. trebax1

trebax1 Member

Hi MysticE,

"What kind of file does GSpot say it is? 4CC: xvid?"

I think this question was aimed at me... anyhow the answer is 4CC: DX50 Name: DivX 5.0

Does this help?

Thanks
    Trebax

16. jdhannan

jdhannan Member

mysticE> Now i'm not retarded or anything, but I can't find anything lookin like 4cc:
    I did try a few different files and found some information...
    seems they either say -
    codec:mp42 name Smpeg 4 version
    or
    codec:div3 name divx3 low motion

17. glenpinn

glenpinn Guest

GONE

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2005
  18. jdhannan

jdhannan Member

so, is it safe to assume we've lost craig?
    maybe nero fired him for being too helpful...
    i'm almost more upset at not being able to create chapter screenshots or for that matter video images for use in the selection screen... than i am for it not opening half the videos

19. MysticE

MysticE Active member

@ jdhannan
    Well the only DVix3 low motion AVI I have is being handled by Nero's own codec (I have no Dvix codec installed). It works fine in NVE2. You might try disabling yours with MCompView and see if Nero's picks up the slack.

20. jdhannan

jdhannan Member

wow, i went thru and disabled anything that said divx and tried nerovision again and it did successfully add it to the list
    the weird thing was, that it didnt look like it did anything differently - it still brought up the progress bar and just disappeared it instantly... but i could hear my computer thinking (hard drive going) and a few seconds later, it went on...
    surprisingly enough, it also now works for the smpeg 4 version files
    this is great...
    of course now i still have the problem of creating chapters with pictures from the movies making it freeze... also i've never successfully burnt a dvd with nero burner.. one time it froze at 99%
    the timer counted down from 1:13 to 1:04 and then looped back to 1:13 and repeated that about 30 times til i killed it and had to shut off my computer to regain control
    today i tried burning another one and it stopped at 28% for about 6 hours