1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerovision Express 2 Transcoding Problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Hywel, Sep 1, 2004.

1. sysyphus

sysyphus Member

Nero doesn't transcode some things for me, either, just disappears like it was never running. I use the WinTV USB2 capture device and Video ReDo for editing. I did some experiments to see if I could recognize a pattern. I captured a couple of 20-30 second clips from satellite TV, then I captured a couple of clips from a VHS tape. I set it to make a DVD in a folder on the hard drive. I used the default background and the same button layout on each one and used no animation. Here are the results of the tests:

2 clips from TV, both unedited: worked
    2 clips from TV, both edited: worked
    2 clips from VCR, both unedited: worked
    2 clips from VCR, both edited: Nero shuts down at the end of 2nd clip
    1 clip from TV, 1 from VCR, VCR clip unedited: worked
    1 clip from TV, 1 from VCR, VCR clip edited: worked
    1 clip from TV, trimmed, 1 from VCR, untrimmed: worked
    Reversed clip order on previous 2 above: worked
    1 from VCR, edited, 1 from TV, unedited, 1 from VCR, edited: Nero shuts down after trandcoding 3rd clip
    2 edited clips from VCR, joined together as 1 file in Video ReDo: worked

So in my circumstance, it seems Nero's transcoding:
    has no trouble with edited OR unedited clips from the TV
    has no trouble with UNedited clips from the VCR
    has no trouble with only ONE edited clip from the VCR
    has no trouble with edited VCR clips that are joined to make a continuous file
    only has trouble with MORE than ONE edited VCR clip

At least I know now I can work around the problem by either joining my edited VCR clips OR using Ulead to render the DVD. I prefer Nero, but having the clips unjoined eliminates the trouble of dividing things into chapters.

Just my experience, maybe it will help someone.

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Seffness,

Let's try a few quick fixes first, so you do not have to go through all the trouble of debugging, till you have more time on your hands. :)

First, you should try upgrading to our latest Nero Vision Express 3.1.0.14 and see if this resolves your issue.

If that fails to resolve your issue, then try launching Nero Recode and go to the option for 'Recode DVDs and Videos to Nero Digital' and add your AVI file created with WMM and convert to MPEG4 format. Then use Nero Vision Express to create a DVD-Video disc using Nero Vision Express and the MPEG-4 file you created.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

3. Yenside

Yenside Guest

Having read all of the previous suggestions on fixing nerovisions problems and still not having success I finaly found the culprit. If you watch videos with subs aka import video, manga etc it helps to have a little add on program that handles the sub data. I had it loading automatically when any media player loaded. Once I dissabled it, bingo, now I can edit and actually see the video in nerovision express 3 with latest patch and smc patch. Hopefully if someone else has similair problem this solution will help.

There are just some kids that cant play with others in the same sand box

4. seffenss

seffenss Member

Thanks, Craig for your reply. I'll give it a try this weekend.

5. Samuelzen

Samuelzen Member

Could anyone using NeroVison Express and getting audio in the resulting DVD tell me whether or not they purchased the Dolby Digital Plug-In referred to on the screen that pops up when you first try to use NeroVision Express. I got Nero as supplied software with my Lite-On DVD ReWriter. They said I was going to be able to create DVD's. I haven't been able to create any with audio. And, they did not say I was going to have to buy a Plug-in to get the Nero program to work.

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Samuelzen,

What are you using for source files? Do your source files have Dolby Audio?

With NVE, if you do not have Dolby Digital Encoder, then we can legally pass through the Dolby file, without making any changes.

But we can not downsample, nor can we convert to an audio track to Dolby.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

7. Samuelzen

Samuelzen Member

I start with a Hi 8 video I made with my Sony camcorder. I don't have any way of capturing it on my computer, so, I copy it to a DVD on my Lite-On DVD recorder/player, then take the DVD to my computer and use my Lite-On DVD ROM ReWriter (which came with Nero) and bring the VOB file into NeroVision Express. Before NVE touches it, the VOB file works just fine in RealPlayer and Windows Media Player. But, if I try to play it using something like Nero Showtime, there isn't any Audio. A little notice pops up saying I need a plug-in. When I bring the file into NVE, I get the same notice saying I need a Dolby plug-in. After I edit the video file with NVE I get a file that doesn't have any audio regardless what I try to play it with. The plug-in costs over $20 and there isn't anyone who will tell me that if I purchase the plug-in, that I will then have audio. I think that I will have to agree with a lot of other people on AfterDawn who say: "Nero sucks." I told Lite-On about this and they recommended my using Pinnacle Studio.

Another thing. If I convert the file to wmv or avi, it doesn't matter. Still no audio after NVE gets its hands on it.

8. Samuelzen

Samuelzen Member

Craig

You wrote:
    "With NVE, if you do not have Dolby Digital Encoder, then we can legally pass through the Dolby file, without making any changes."

Did you mean: "can not legally pass..."?

You also wrote:
    "But we can not downsample, nor can we convert to an audio track to Dolby"

Did you mean: "nor can we convert an audio track to Dolby"?

Just tell me and everyone else who reads this. Do we need the Dolby plug-in to get the audio? When I purchase the DVD rom from Lite-On, they said I would be able to create DVD's. They didn't say anything about having to make another purchase.

9. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Samuelzen,

First, if you want my help, you're going to have to watch what you say about my software. :)

Dolby 5.1 Audio support costs an extra $0.40 cents and the OEMs have a very small margin, so they can not include such expensive plugins. And this $0.40cents is not someting Nero makes any money on, it goes directly to Dolby.

And Nero can create DVD-Video discs using the bundle provided by Lite-On, but it can not create a DVD-Video Disc that contains Dolby 5.1 Audio, there are other audio formats that are supported.

And yes, with the plugin, you would get the audio, and the Camcorder you are using does capture the audio in Dobly 5.1 channel.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

10. Samuelzen

Samuelzen Member

Craig

Thanks for the information but I'm not clear on a couple things.

You wrote:
    "Nero can create DVD-Video discs using the bundle provided by Lite-On, but it can not create a DVD-Video Disc that contains Dolby 5.1 Audio, there are other audio formats that are supported."

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that NVE can not make a DVD from my video which contains Dolby 5.1 Audio? Or, do you mean that if I get the Dolby plug-in then NVE can make a DVD from my video which contains Dolby 5.1 Audio but that it will transcode the audio into a format other than Dolby?

You also wrote:
    "And yes, with the plugin, you would get the audio, and the Camcorder you are using does capture the audio in Dobly 5.1 channel."

From what you are saying, you believe the audio on my video is Dolby because the camcorder captures the audio as Dobly. I would have suspected that it was Lite-On stand-alone DVD Player/Recorder that made the audio Dolby.

11. photog

photog Member

Samuelzen, you said: "Do we need the Dolby plug-in to get the audio? When I purchase the DVD rom from Lite-On, they said I would be able to create DVD's. They didn't say anything about having to make another purchase."
    Surely you are aware that bundled software with DVD's (or anything else) lacks some of the features of the full product! After all DVD burners are priced at little if any more that the value of the full Nero product. St leaxt here in Australia.
    You may have to shake the moths out of your wallet and upgrade.
    BTW when you purchased the Lite-on who was the "they" who made the claim you quote?

12. Samuelzen

Samuelzen Member

photog

You asked: "BTW when you purchased the Lite-on who was the "they" who made the claim you quote?"

That is reasonable question; and, in answer to your question, the following is an exact quote from the box for the Lite-On DVD ReWriter:
    "Packaging Contents: DVD authoring, writing & editing Software/DVD playback Software/Backup Software/User’s Manual"

After contacting Lite-On concerning this, they recommended that I use Pinnacle Studio. They did not reply after I asked if that was the position of Lite-On management.

13. photog

photog Member

Samuelzen
    Fair enough. If you have followed this thread for some time you will have learned that there are issues / shortcomings with all of the authoring programs. Perhaps we are seeing the saying: Miracles done at once--the impossible takes a little longer...
    Keep trying, be grateful that Craig is willing to respond to questions on this and a number of similar forums. He is one of the good guys!
    Ron McDermott

14. claudemc

claudemc Member

My problem is NVE 2 or last 3 version closes itself when I try to do a preview of an svcd slide show with transitions; the problem is recent as a few month ago I had no problem on the same PC (2500+ asus a7n8x-deluxe 1024GB).
    I had another PC and opening the same project on it does not causes the problem (there are other problems with this one: NVE think MP3 files are 28 minutes duration instead of the 4 minutes in reality, the result is there is no more music after 4 minutes, even if there was 2 other MP3 files after it; so I had to convert my MP3 with wave editor to make NVE see it's a 4 minutes duration; also there was no advert why Mpg files where not imported: the mpg plugin was missing on this PC...).
    I have tried all driver, registry and removal tools, uses NVE in VGA mode, and disabling all boot applications, it's exactly the same:
    by the time I introduce one 2D/3D transition in the project, clicking on the play button makes NVE close itself without any message;
    I manage to make it close itself also by selecting 95 photos of the 98 photos project and then delete the selection, after clicking OK for deleting, NVE closes itself.

Don't expect too much, but maybe other users with same problems will feel less lonesome (as I notified nero from a limitation introduced in nero burning rom 6 since it's released: we can no more overburn
    a 650MB CD to More than 668MB: a message box stopped the process; this message introduced with the 6 version has never been solved ...), as I have 80 of 650MB CD that support overburning
    up to 688 and 20 of an anothr brand that support up to 705MB,
    I had to use nero 5 to burn them: great!)

15. photog

photog Member

Claudemc
    You said, "NVE think MP3 files are 28 minutes duration instead of the 4 minutes in reality, the result is there is no more music after 4 minutes, even if there was 2 other MP3 files after it; so I had to convert my MP3 with wave editor to make NVE see it's a 4 minutes duration; also there was no advert why Mpg files where not imported: the mpg plugin was missing on this PC...). "
    When I ripped my mp3 files with NeroMis it incorrectly registered the length as about 23 minutes wich led to the problem you identified. Ripping with Easy CD-Da extractor correctly measured the length of each and eliminated that problem.
    It seems that NVE "believes" whatevet the mp3 "claims" its size is!
    Ron McDermott

16. fdr

fdr Member

Hello everyone!
    Glad to know I'm not the only one who is being driven batty by NVE!
    But even though misery does like company I would love for someone
    (maybe you Craig) to put me out of mysery.

First things first, just for the record:
    (1) latest Nero software installed
    (2) NVE patch is installed
    (3) no other software running while NVE is burning
    (4) I get an NVE GCCore error message whether burning to disk OR hard-drive
    (5) This NVE error message occurs often BUT not all the time
    (6) Using Pioneer DVR 109 with latest 1.57 firmware
    (7) Using Pentium celeron 2.4 Ghz with 894MB (916204kB) RAM

====================================================================

I'm basically having 2 distinct problems:
    (1) NVE messes up the audio-video sync in final DVD output
    (2) NVE suddenly stops toward the end of a DVD burn session (either to disk or to hard drive folder). Below are details of each problem:

========================problem 1===================================

This is what I'm trying to do:
    (1) I record TV programs from cable using the ATI ALL IN WONDER CARD in mpeg format
    (2) After importing the mpeg file into NVE, I use the Make Movie editing features to edit unwanted parts of the program, including commercials
    (3) Then I create chapters and menus and burn the project to DVD or to the hard drive
    (4) BUT NVE somehow manages to mess up the audio-video sync so that the final product looks like a poorly dubbed foreign film, with people's lips moving out of sync with the video

==================end of problem 1================================

==================problem 2=======================================
    (1)Same as above until NVE gets to close to the end of a DVD burn session.
    (2)Then it suddenly stops and gives me an error message and asks if I want to save the error log.
    (3) The error log shows lots of GCCore errors as listed below from the log. This happens whether I'm burning to dvd disk or to hard drive folder!

[05:06:52] GCCore WARNING: Operation locked for more than 15 seconds: GCSink (259)
    [05:06:52] GCCore WARNING: Operation locked for more than 15 seconds: EditingInput (304)
    [05:06:52] GCCore WARNING: Operation locked for more than 15 seconds: EditingInput (278)
    [05:07:07] GCCore WARNING: Operation locked for more than 15 seconds: GCSink (259)
    [05:07:07] GCCore WARNING: Operation locked for more than 15 seconds: EditingInput (304)
    [05:07:07] GCCore WARNING: Operation locked for more than 15 seconds: EditingInput (278)
    [05:07:22] GCCore WARNING: Operation locked for more than 15 seconds: GCSink (259)
    [05:07:22] GCCore WARNING: Operation locked for more than 15 seconds: EditingInput (304)
    [05:07:22] GCCore WARNING: Operation locked for more than 15 seconds: EditingInput (278)

=================end of problem 2==================================

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP. I LOVE USING NERO WHEN IT WORKS AND I'D LIKE TO RESOLVE THESE PROBLEMS. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

17. Pirate32

Pirate32 Member

Help has finally arrived. Iv been using that glitchy program for a year now because I am just too damn lazy to use DVD Lab Pro (and thus, have to creat source video)

Your problem probably involves an error in the video file. Try this:

1. Go to "edit movie", and then export dvd template. -MAKE SURE CLIK ON CONFIGURE AND SET ENCODING MODE TO "FAST ENCODING (1 PASS)"

2. let it run its cource. It will probably shut down like when making a dvd. If it does then open the file you created. Where the file stops is where the error is.

3. Go back to nero vision express and cut out the error from the timeline (usually 1 sec will do) and try again.

Now abput that audio-video synch... You may want to try using another program like windows media encoder or movie maker to make a source video. For some reason nve fusks up the synch on some mpegs and especially vobs so try converting them to avi or wmv.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2005
  18. Samuelzen

Samuelzen Member

Craig,

I hope you will have time to reply to my 21 July 2005 question.

19. terkar

terkar Member

Regards Hywell from one Welshman to another

20. fdr

fdr Member

I've just about had it with NERO Vision Express!
    Now it just will NOT burn to DVD any mpeg files I give it.
    I gave up using the NVE mpeg editor because it messed up the audio-video sync and am now using VideoREDO which is an amazing little mpeg editor (Nero should see how well this editor works and cry!).
    I imported the mpeg I edited with VideoREDO into NeroVision and tried to burn DVD files to the hard drive but it aborted the burn. I tried exporting the mpeg through NeroVision using its DVD export template but when I fed the mpeg back to it, NeroVision still aborted the burn! At this point I'm wondering what the hell is NeroVision good for and does anyone at Nero give a damn about the grief their software is causing us?

The funny thing is that sometime NeroVision will just work without any glitches and that all the mpegs I'm trying to burn are ATI All-In-Wonder captures from cable TV. This forum has plenty of people having problems with NeroVision. Is there anyone that has any clue what is going on with this software...and again: Does anyone at NERO give a damn?!