1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerovision Express 2 Transcoding Problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Hywel, Sep 1, 2004.

1. vctiesto

vctiesto Member

I used nero reloaded, same crap as before nerovision
    express3 still freezes during chapter creating.

No more Nero for me i am gonna use Tmpgenc is a bit slower but far more stabile.

A frustrated Dutchman

2. Buch

Buch Guest

Updated Nero last night. Nero Vision3 loaded the file that I had created in NeroVision Express2. Reviewed my settings and hit burn. 20 minutes later I had a completed slide show complete with transitions and music. After more than 2 months of not being to burn slideshows it seems to be working great. I'll try another project tonight.

3. Grundrush

Grundrush Member

Try using the Animation feature on the Buttons and see what happens!!!

I have now removed all the video clips and slide shows from my project and left one slideshow to test

RESULTS
    Still shuts down during the transcoding stages.
    Slideshow Contents
    Slide show has 58 pictures,one Mp3 track that lasts 3m 55s and animated tick box checked for the buttons
    and Random Transitions all set to soundtrack duration

Got married in June, been trying to finish this Wedding DVD ever since....gonna get divorced at the rate I'm going...spend more time on this Bl***y computer than with my Wife.

.....going to buy some flowers.....bye

4. Hywel

Hywel Member

My buttons are animated and I use various transitions in slideshows that wouldn't work before. For me it worked on this particular project which has always failed previously. I will be trying many more projects in the coming weeks so I can post my results then.

5. flim

flim Member

Ok, to be fair, I'll issue a partial retraction of my earlier criticism of NVE3. I noticed that of 5 of my NV2 project files, only 1 failed to load - the other 4 worked fine. I'll give the benefit of the doubt and consider that the one file got corrupted somehow.
    Also, the hanging I was experiencing seems to have been related to the large video files I had in my "My Media" section.
    I was finally able to burn my DVD of many videos and slideshows w/transitions & background music. NVE2 choked on it every time, but NVE3 finally produced a successful disc.

6. Stan03

Stan03 Guest

Yes-Me too!! Have been anxiously awaiting neroreload6.6, because of encoding freeze-ups!!!
    Still the extact same problems-tried everything immaginable!!!

Problem has multipled now- will not except serial#'s
    States their invalid!!! I give up!!!!!!!!1

7. scarbouc

scarbouc Member

After the update it actually went further than it ever had... Left a project burning before I left for work...came home

runtime error...

8. TBen

TBen Member

Nice to know so many other people have the same problems...and also not so nice.
    I can't get more than a few minutes into transcoding video to DVD before it hangs and never comes back, I've slashed my project to half of what it was to no avail.
    Express 2 didn't work, version 3 doesn't work, I doubt a version 4 would do any better. Can anyone suggest a program that actually converts video to DVD and can succesfully burn it? I've found out the hard way the Nero simply can't perform.

9. scarbouc

scarbouc Member

It happened 1hr 37 min into the burn again.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in a unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Is this what everyone else is having for a problem??

10. Chrislv

Chrislv Member

I get the following: this application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way

It also makes a coaster of the DVD in the drive. After producing 6 coasters I have gone back to Nerovision v2.

Can't find anything about this error. If someone know how to fix it I would be very grateful.

11. worslesr

worslesr Member

I have also been having the transcoding problems and have now upgraded to 3.0.1.4. It now transcodes the slide shows properly but creates coasters when it comes to burn the disk. It gives an error closing disk message and creates an error log.

Pertinent extract from log file is:
    -----------------------
    [20:43:46] DVDEngine END: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - CreateDisc
    [20:43:47] NeroAPI Writing data files started
    [20:43:48] NeroAPI Error writing file 1.JPG
    [20:43:48] NeroAPI Writing data files failed
    [20:43:48] NeroAPI Writing file to disc failed
    [20:43:56] NeroAPI Burn process failed at 4x (5,540 KB/s)
    [20:43:57] DVDEngine BEGIN: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - EndDiscAccess
    [20:43:57] DVDEngine ...flags=0
    [20:43:57] DVDEngine **BEGIN: _MediaAccess::Release ()
    [20:43:57] DVDEngine ****BEGIN: _MediaAccess::~_MediaAccess ()
    [20:43:58] DVDEngine ****END: _MediaAccess::~_MediaAccess ()
    [20:43:58] DVDEngine **END: _MediaAccess::Release ()
    [20:43:58] DVDEngine END: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - EndDiscAccess
    [20:43:58] DVDEngine BEGIN: DVDSessionBase - RegisterCallback
    [20:43:58] DVDEngine ...Session callback unregistered...
    [20:43:58] DVDEngine END: DVDSessionBase - RegisterCallback
    [20:44:02] GCHW Node added: Microsoft Kernel Wave Audio Mixer
    ---------------------

I dont really have the option to move back to earlier versions as I aam running XP SP2 and earlier versions didnt work with SP2.

Drive is a Pioneer DVR106D (Never had burn problems with it before).

12. Aysedasi

Aysedasi Guest

Like everyone else here, I have the same old problem.

Where tyhe hell are the people from Nero?

I paid damned good money for Nero 6 and it can't even make up a slide show of photos, with some very limited transitions and background music.

Having to hang around for this to be fixed sucks big time.

By the way, I get no error messages at all - the program literally disappears from my desktop.....

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2004
  13. Karateka

Karateka Member

I started using NVE 3 and I managed to create a movie from my camcorder's mini DVD 8cm. I burned the movie in DVD format but when I play it, I get many sound gaps of 0.5sec in the movie.

When using the Edit Movie section of NVE, the video that is added in the project is being split in many parts so that you can easily edit and add transitions and other effects. I suspect that the sound gaps are at the point between all these parts.

Is there anything I do wrong?

14. Aysedasi

Aysedasi Guest

Can someone humour me - its probably a very dense question.....

I have Nero 6. I bought it about a month ago. I downloaded all the then available updates.

What's the differnece between Nero 6 and Nero 6 "Reloaded" (I can't tell from Nero's site). Should I be downloading and applying these "Reloaded" updates?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2004
  15. Hywel

Hywel Member

The Reloaded version is the very latest version and fixes many problems. In fact Nerovision is a new version completely as opposed to a revision update. Check out Nero's website for the this update.

16. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that I and others from Ahead are looking very closely at the comments made in regards to NVE3, and issues that some still have.

I have not yet responded, as I am trying to duplicate some of those mentioned. From what I have seen so far, the old Memory issue seems to be resolved. I gather this from a number of Forums, personal users I've been working with, and my own testing shows that the may by a small memory leak still, but not enough to cause problems.

So far, I've seen a few problems reported here and a few other forums. But the symptoms are not the same for each person, so its possible that they are having different issues. But its too soon for me to make this statement for sure.

Aysedasi,

If you watch your memory when you try and create a slideshow, what is it doing? How many pictures are you adding to the slideshow? Are you using Random transitions? What are your system Spec's, such as CPU, Memory, etc?

If you start with only 20 pictures, and then add from there, at what point do you start seeing problems?

Worslesr,
    Can you send me your full log file from a failed write attempt at techsupport4@nero.com or post on this forum (edit out the serial key) so that I can see exactly what is going on. Your issue seems to be in the Burn process, not the encoding.

Those who are getting a RunTime Error, this is new and unusual, so I need information about your system so I can see what could be conflicting, or so I can duplicate your system and hopefully the issue. If these people can send me an Email at techsupport4@nero.com and include the file generated by Nero InfoTool, that would be a big help.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA

17. bull3964

bull3964 Member

Well, I registered here just to share my problems with the software. I already sent my info to tech support over 2 days ago and have not heard anything back yet.

Small projects seem to work out fine, larger projects have issues.

Here's what I've done so far. I am running on Windows 2000

Nerovision Express 2:

I had one Xvid encoded file that would reboot my computer with no crash information while trying to transcode.

Upgraded to version 3:

Now I couldn't get through ANY files without the application crashing with a C++ error, a memory could not be read error, or just rebooting.

Removed all my external codecs, used the cleaning tool, reinstalled 3 from scratch.

Now I seem to be able to encode at least one xvid file to dvd. I found that the one that would reboot the computer before would preview only as a green square now.

I reinstalled ffdshow and that one could be read again. Made a compilation with 7 xvid .avi files at 22 minutes each and set it to burn a dvd. It got to number 6 in the transcoding process and crashed with a Application Error.

I tried encoding all the videos separately through the export function. I was successful in making 7 mpgs encoded in 2 pass at Long quality. Finally I thought I was getting somewhere.

I made a new compilation with those 7 mpegs as 7 titles. Walked away from my computer.

Came back to a BSOD on ntoskernel with a memory dump. I rebooted and tried to read the memory dump with Microsoft's debug tool and it said that the dump was corrupt. So, I couldn't even tell what caused the BSOD.

My computer is rock solid stable otherwise. I have not seen a BSOD or even had a random reboot since I put it together. The fact that an application in user land can cause a BSOD like this is mind boggling. The application should go down, it shouldn't drag the whole OS down with it. This seems to imply that it could be a driver issue of sorts. I have an nForce2 motherboard using the intergrated Nvidia GForce4MX on the latest video drivers and chipset drivers. I've tried it with and without the nvidia accelerated IDE drivers with same results.

So, here are some things I've learned.

1) If any other codecs exist on your system, Nerovision will use them to render the file instead of it's own internal codec

2) It doesn't even seem to matter if you are going from avi -> mpeg or starting with a DVD compliant MPEG, the application will still crash before it completes the dvd compilation.

I have this nagging feeling that if it was possible to disable the preview during transcoding, a lot of these problems would disappear. I am now going to try the same compilation minimised to the tray to see if I have the same problems.

18. dtwynn

dtwynn Guest

To all you people who have had problems with NVE2/3.
    I solved similar problems by ensuring that 1) an NTFS partition was used, and 2) checking/solving heat-related issues which cause unpredictable component behaviour. Worth trying.

19. vctiesto

vctiesto Member

Think I solved the problem of freezing and shutting down NVE3. Atleast in my case.
    My problem whith NVE3 was, when i let it create chapters in divx file, or avi file, it began and then after 3 or 4 chapters, NVE3 freezed and shut down.

My solution: I uninstalled the divx codec, in my case it was Divx521xpk2 from Divx.com, en now everything is working fine whit NVE3.
    Atleast at this moment, i'm gonna experience en try with other video files, and will let you know when I encounter new problems whith NVE3.

So far so Good.

UPDATE
    Now NVE3 keeps hanging during the transcoding
    proces.
    I can't close the window of NVE3 only by using taskmanager.
    So problem not solved.

UPDATE 2
    Now I made the same project whithout the option creating chapters, en everything worked fine, transcoding no problem, result a good working DVD.
    But I Want to make chapters !!!

p.s. I hope you understand what i wrote down, my english is not that good.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  20. bull3964

bull3964 Member

Update.

The same compilation that crashed my computer before went through successfully when I had the application minimised to the tray.

One other thing I did was turn down video acceleration in my display's adapter properties.

At least in my case, the crash seems tied to the video adapter. Over the next few days, I will try several different settings with the same compilation both minimised to the tray and with the window in focus and see if I can faithfully reproduce the crash.

If it is tied to the video adapater, again I can see only one culprit; the preview window during the transcoding process. Please please please give us the option to disable that window.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004