1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerovision Express 2 Transcoding Problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Hywel, Sep 1, 2004.

1. CPaladino

CPaladino Member

I second (or third) everyone here with sucess due to no animated menus.

I have burned 2 or 3 dvds sucessesfully by not using animated menus.

I also found an issue where if you have many chapters, and try to change properties on each clip (to rename, or set the image for example) the program would hang.

I've been basically reduced to just a static image, and not renaming any of the clips.

Just wish this thing was a little more fleshed out and stable, it's very user friendly.

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hellow Everyone,

I've been on the road for the past few weeks, so I have not been able to address this issue properly. Now that I am back, and hopefully do not have any plans to travel for a few weeks, I can concentrate on this issue again.

For the next week, I will be testing this issue to try and isolate the problem. I'll keep you posted with my findings. Once I can isolate the issue more, I can generate a bug report to have the issue addressed.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. aniki

aniki Member

Hello people,
    I hope someone can help me.
    I have made a movie with nerovision Express 2.
    And every time i want to burn it, there is an error. The error is just before he start burning and when he finishes "creating menu's and transcoding streams".

The error-window sais "failed to get disk content"

And the log sais the following:
    [16:41:56] DVDEngine ########################################################################################
    [16:41:56] DVDEngine ERROR
    [16:41:56] DVDEngine cause: 35 (object_not_exist)
    [16:41:56] DVDEngine source: _VTS_TMAP
    [16:41:56] DVDEngine description: VOBU not found for a given PTM (35852400).
    [16:41:56] DVDEngine ########################################################################################

I hope someone can help me.

4. edwardr4

edwardr4 Member

I am getting the error message

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in a unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I thought that the update would solve the sticking problem, but its just created another one!

5. greninger

greninger Member

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the excellent posts - I have learned a lot about NV 2 and 3 - will try to install 3 tonight. My issue hasn't really come up here - once I begin transcoding - I don't have a problem, but my audio and video aren't sync'd up - the audio runs faster than the video. Does anyone know what could be causing that?

As well - I heard of a number of different codecs - the tmpgenc, the huffyuv - which of these will give me the highest quality video - I'm trying to move my MiniDV tapes to DVD of my daughter, so I don't want to lose picture resolution.

6. TBen

TBen Member

Just wanted to post a thanks to Megardi for suggesting FFDShow! Installed it and managed to transcode 8 video/DivX files and burn my first two succesful DVD's! First time I've been able to transcode anything without the program hanging on me. Very exciting to have it finally work.
    Thanks!

7. CPaladino

CPaladino Member

Had another weird problem where I made a dvd movie (w/o animated buttons) of a 800mb avi file, it took about 1.5 - 2 hrs.

I made that same movie again a few days later and it took 8 - 9 hours.

Is that normal?

8. bull3964

bull3964 Member

3 weeks.

3 WEEEKS and tech support finally gets back to me.

And saying what?

Yes. It's been three weeks and they are requesting information that I submitteded WITH THE ORIGINAL TECH SUPPORT EMAIL.

9. Hywel

Hywel Member

bull3964,

Thats exactly the same problem that I was getting with the Tech Support at Ahead. They were constantly asking for information that I had sent several times previously. They just don't read the emails properly and you usually get a generic reply either asking you to do something that you've already done or to do something that you know won't work for your particular problem. Its very very frustrating, not to mention poor and inefficient. I was thankful that Craig Campbell from Ahead reads these forums as that was the only thing that kept me sane.

I think that Ahead need to do an awful lot of work to bring their support facilities up to an acceptable standard for their CUSTOMERS. It would be nice if they had their own support forums for customers on their website like many other software companies do. At least that way we could discuss issues constructively with other users and techical support people at Ahead.

10. worslesr

worslesr Member

Yes Im seeing the same poor support as this and you are not likely to be finished yet. What they are likely to tell you next is that they havn't seen your probleeem before and what you should do now is completely unstall nero, run the registry clean tool and then reinstall the latest version (they've done this to me twice now and it didn't solve what was an underlying application problem with Nero).

I did this about three weeks ago and then found that all the elements except the main burning ROM program refused to recognise my licence key and was just acting as a trail version. I responded back with this issue but am still awasiting a reply (*fixed it with a system restore later).

We do seem to be getting a much better level of support from Craig on this forum than we do using the official channels. Perhaps Craig could report this to his management?

11. CPaladino

CPaladino Member

Well, not to sway the research on these problems, but just to keep people's sanity, I'd like to mention that I've since switched over to MyDVD. The dvd burning portion for importing home movies is pretty straightforward, and it's reasonabbly priced ($80). I won't put the link in here because it's not my job to pimp MyDVD, but I did want to let people know what I am using until they fix nero (maybe even Instead of Vision Express)

-Chris

12. bull3964

bull3964 Member

Fun fun fun.

I got a response back asking why I was being asked to include information I originally included in the first contact.

So, either the support contact page is broken and not actually sending the log file when you click submit, or there is something else going on there.

13. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know I had not dropped this issue. I'm still trying to track down the cause of the Transcoding issues some of you are running into.

I have found that on some systems, such as my laptop, I can duplicate the NVE3014 closing, or running out of Virtual Memory. Such as on my Laptop wich is a Pentium 4 2000MHz with a bus speed of 400Mhz and 256MB of RAM. The strange thing is that I monitor the Memory usage and it's not climbing as high as it did with NVE2 when it closes.

But on another DeskTop system that is only slightly faster I have no trouble at all.

I've still have a ways to go before I can isolate this issue.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

14. photog

photog Member

Good to see you back, Craig
    I have a strange issue with nve3.0.1.4 - Encoding appears to run correctly - 3 slideshows of 99 images - one plain transition and mp3 sound - encoded to virtual drive with . I can also save images as jpegs with html index. When I test the image by clicking the showtime buttom I get the error message - 0x80040265. However if I load the nrg file with imagedrive it plays normally with showtime!
    The best is still to come.
    My DVD plater (Omni) loads th disk (RITEK) but the menu screen is black with a ghost image of the first set only visible. On pressing "1" the show plays normally with music. it responds to pressing "Men" and will play any of the other slideshows by pressing appropriate key.
    Ron McDermott

15. photog

photog Member

Good to see you back, Craig
    I have a strange issue with nve3.0.1.4 - Encoding appears to run correctly - 3 slideshows of 99 images - one plain transition and mp3 sound - encoded to virtual drive with . I can also save images as jpegs with html index. When I test the image by clicking the showtime buttom I get the error message - 0x80040265. However if I load the nrg file with imagedrive it plays normally with showtime!
    The best is still to come.
    My DVD plater (Omni) loads th disk (RITEK) but the menu screen is black with a ghost image of the first set only visible. On pressing "1" the show plays normally with music. it responds to pressing "Men" and will play any of the other slideshows by pressing appropriate key.
    Ron McDermott

16. scarbouc

scarbouc Member

Craig,
    I read you are still working the issue and I truly believe that but I have had this DVD recorder for over 2 months and I can't do what I want with it. I need to get an idea how long this will really take to fix - understanding that you don't really know what is wrong...are there any alternatives?? I really need to do this photo album for the family..

Thank you

Chris

17. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Ron,

I'm not sure I read your post correctly. Did you mean that you attempted to play an NRG Image file in Nero ShowTime? If true, then I would not be surprised at your receiving an error message, as Nero ShowTime does not support Image files. You would have to mount it first with Nero ImageDrive so that ShowTime could then see it as if it were a Normal DVD that contains a Video_TS folder and VOB files, etc.

As for the DVD Player not showing the Menu, I've seen this issue many times with our softwar and others. And 99% of the time its a compatibility issue between the DVD Player and the media used, or the speed the media was written too. To be sure the DVD you created is good, place it in your Computer and confirm the Menu comes up properly there. You can also test in other DVD Players and you may find it plays fine in other players.

Hi Scarbouc,

I'm working very hard to isolate this issue. I've yet to confirm why it works on some systems and not others, but I hope I am getting closer. I will be working this weekend again to address this. Sorry.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software USA

18. PLeitch

PLeitch Member

I've been having similar problems recently with Nero 6.3.0.0. I created a Wedding Video with mixture of video, music, still photos and numerous different transitions in Premiere 6.5 exported as MPEG2. This was loaded into Nero Express 2 adding Chapters etc - total 3.9Gb. Last year this worked perfectly writing at 4X onto a NEC DVD writer onto Datawrite Yellow DVD-r's with no problems. This year on another similar project received Application Error message - Memory could not be read as soon as it started to write to the DVD. Have uninstalled Nero and reinstalled same version and got past the above error message but got message that it could not write at 4X. Managed to write them at 2x successfully. Used a head cleaner and wrote a .7Gb video using AverMedia EZMaker Gold at 4x. Could I have resolved the problem by cleaning the Head?

19. bamtino24

bamtino24 Member

Hello Everyone,

Glad to know I am not alone with transcoding problems in Nero. Originally, I use to burn movies on to CD-RWs, because my DVD player wouldn't play CD-Rs. I use to use TMPGENC with other software to encode movies into Video CDs, when I got sick of using 2 disk per movie, last week I went ahead and bought Memorex DVD burner which came with Nero 6 suite.

I got excited when I saw all the cool menus and features that you can do in Nero Vision, but my Transcoding process would just freeze everything after about half an hour and I would need to restart my PC.

I updated to Nero Vision 3 and still got same result. Computer just freezes without any message and I have to restart. I tried using different softwares like, TMPGENC XPRESS, or just TMPGENC and noticed they would also just freeze after 20 minutes into encoding.

I tried some Ram accelerator software which seem to work good, it would refill my ram, but the Transcoding in Nero didn't not improve and still hangs.

The good news I found a way to go around this, I created a project in Nero Vision, chose chapters, background, effects and so on and then saved that file to my desktop. Then I restarted my computer ....(drum beat) and.....the key is to restart the computer in SAFE MODE, open the project that you saved and transcode all you want, it will not freeze. Problem here is in SAFE mode I can't actually see the button next to get the project started, so I pressed tab a few times and clicked space to activate the button to start the burning process.

By the way, I have one of the slowest systems here, I have AMD athlon 1.1 Ghz with 256 Ram.

To Graig, I hope you can find a way so I can do this process in normal mode and not in SAFE MODE.

thanks and good luck to all the frustrated NERO users.

20. photog

photog Member

Craig
    Thanks for your prompt response. i can assure you that Showtime can play an nrg file. i have just tested it on a known good file. i right-clicked the file, from the context menu I clicked play with showtime and the "Dune" movei began to play perfectly! If this is not meant to happen, please dont fix it! I definitely did not mount it.
    I will try burning at 2x (Pioneer DVR-A08 dual layer retail build burner)
    But the dvd I made with 3.0.0.0 played from inside nve with slideshow and the similar one made with 3.0.1.4 gave the error message and burned as one that had the menu problem. I have yet to test on another player.
    It was encoded Sample format set as "progressive".
    Ron McDermott