1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerovision Express 3 Freeze during burn

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by ben_bazz, Jun 13, 2005.

1. ben_bazz

ben_bazz Member

g'day all,
    My problem relates to using Nerovison express 3; Recently I've been burning a TV series onto DVD to free up the space on my computer, and so far to great success. I think I've burnt about 10 discs without a hitch, however on one set of 4 movies (each DVD holds 4) as it gets to a particular point where it is transitioning between the 3rd and 4th file, it stops burning and sort of freezes. I say sort of because all the programs functons are still accesible, but the actual process of burning stops. I've left it for 8 hours or more and the program makes no effort to continue burning, and i have to abort.
    Can someone please fill me in on where I'm gojng wrong?

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

hmmm.... Freezing during the burn process huh??

Could you post the Nero log? I'm not too familiar with NVE but a lot of people here are, and it would really help to pinpoint the problem.

3. ben_bazz

ben_bazz Member

I don't think i can get a log file, because i have to shut the program down using Windows task manager (pressing abort doesn't make it shut down)

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I use Nero Burning Rom, and the log file is located c:\program files\ahead\nero\nerohistory.log

Haven't used NVE, but my guess is that the log is located in the same place. If you want you can copy the location I just stated and click Start, Run and paste it there, should take you right to it.

5. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

I had the EXACT same problem, and after reading up, this is how I fixed it.

You more than likely have edited out the commericals. In the places were you "split" the file, you also have Chapter marks. If you have selected animated buttons, there is something about that nero NVE just doesn't like.

Solution- DON'T animate the buttons, and don't worry about chapters. It will now burn beatifully! I have been fighting this prob for 5 days with a TV show I recorded, But tonightI finally had a successfull burn.

6. ben_bazz

ben_bazz Member

sry to be an idiot, but what do you mean by "animating the buttons"? i know i don't have any chapters within the DVD (with 4 shows per disc, adding chapters takes up too much room) and as far as i know i don't have animated buttons, but i could be wrong! thanks for the help tho, much appreciated!
    cheers, Ben Bazz

7. sotein

sotein Member

i have the same problem. Iwas burning music videos and when nero is transcoding it get freeze...
    but the first time i use it... i had no problem burning one dvd... i begin with the problem in the second one...