1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeroVision Express 3 - Scene Detection not working

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Hywel, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Hywel

Hywel Member

I have a problem with the scene detection function not working in NVE3 version 3.0.1.27. The Nero website indicates that this was fixed in 3.0.1.4. I have a scenario where it works fine every time and a scenario where it fails every time.

Scenario 1:
    When I capture from my DV camera the scene detection works and creates detects 150 different scenes.

Scenario 2:
    I start a new project. I then browse for the same video file and add it to the project. However, when I click on the "Detect Scenes" icon the scene detection function scans through the video file and is unable to detect a single scene. I've changed the sensitivity option to high and the minimum scene length to the minimum values but it still fails to detect the scene changes. I have opened the same video file in Windows Movie Maker and it can detect all the scenes without a problem. I have tried this with several AVI files, all captured with NVE3 and the same problem occurs every time.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can rectify this problem?

2. Hywel

Hywel Member

I've been in contact with Craig at Nero. He has confirmed that this is a bug. Hopefully its should be rectified soon.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  3. Hywel

Hywel Member

I've just tested the latest version of NVE3 (3.1.0.0) and the bug was not fixed in this release.

4. Hywel

Hywel Member

I've tested the latest version of NVE3 (3.1.0.7) and the bug has still not been fixed.

5. Hywel

Hywel Member

I've tested the latest version of NVE3 (3.1.0.11) and the bug has still not been fixed. Nero may get round to it one day. In the mean time this bug renders all my projects unusable.

6. Hywel

Hywel Member

After trying the latest update and failing yet again. I have been informed by Craig that this bug will not be fixed until version 7 of Nero. Maybe by then I and many others will get a version of NeroVision that works. This will probably be an upgrade we have to pay for.