1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeroVision Shuts Down When Adding Movie Files

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by wenospeak, Feb 2, 2005.

1. wenospeak

wenospeak Member

From the Nero Vision 3 opening screen, when I select "Add Video Files" and try to add any Avi or Mpg file, I get the following "application" error message:

[bold]The instruction at "0x0073df64" referenced memory at "0x01a53960". The memory could not be "read". [/bold]

And NeroVision Express shuts down.

I've tried selecting movie files with a blank disc already inserted and without any disc.

I've already done a COMPLETE uninstall and reinstall of the entire Nero 6 suite (including EVERY file in the registry found using "ahead" and "nero" searches AFTER using all the Nero Clean Tools) and I'm using the latest vesions of all Nero products.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Not sure if this is your issue as well, but one other AfterDawn member did report this exact symptom, and found a solution that worked for him. Not sure if this will work for you. Here is what he posted.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

hello,

me again, this time with glorious news of a solution to my problem. Basically it was a problem with DirectX 9c, which I got rid of with this program called Directx Happy Uninstall (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4347.html - not an entirely straightforward program given that you have to separately download, choose a path for and install the backup files). It replaces whatever version you have with directx 8.1, then (as Nero still wasn't working) I searched for directx 9.0b on google (also, not as straightforward to find as you might think) and installed that and presto, Nero is working again.

Hope this is useful.
    All the best
    mmsconsul

3. wenospeak

wenospeak Member

Thanks Craig,

The link doesn't appear to work anymore. In addition, I find it difficult to believe that Nero would release a product that wasn't compatible with DirectX9c. Also, I had Direct X9 installed previously when it worked fine.

I'm going to try a COMPLETE uninstall and reinstall AGAIN, and see what happens.

Maybe I'll just reinstall Direct X9 first?

Hmmmmm, I'll post back.

Thanks again,

4. wenospeak

wenospeak Member

Well,

Reinstalling DirectX 9.0c seems to have fixed the problem. I can now add video files to my DVD burn project without NeroVision shutting down.

Hopefully, the burn will go smoothly.

Thanks again Craig, and good luck to all...

5. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

I have had a similar problem. Don't know if it will help here. My problem has been with virtual drive mounted images or discs inserted into my DVD-ROM drive, NVE recognizes valid video files to import. But, before it displays the first image in the stream next to it, NVE just simply shuts down. No error message, nothing. But, on my NEC 3500a drive, NVE will read in the disc that the DVD-ROM crashed NVE on.