1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NES: How did you get the games to load?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by core2kid, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

This has nothing to do with the Gamecube, as you can see by the subject. I just thought it would be cool to reminisce about old times and think about that NES that you had, or have. Ah what a great system with Super Mario, Excitebike, Duck Hunt, and all those other classics. Unfortunately, many of the systems ran into the blinking light of doom or pink screen problem rendering them close to useless. New 72pin connectors were sold but not everybody knew how to install them (though they were easy).

So my question:
    What was your favorite or most effective method to load a game in the NES?

I'll start. I used my cousins every time I went on vacation. That gave out like a year or 2 ago and we never cared to replace the head, we still have it though. I went out and bought another that was sitting in my friends attic for 2 years in 150F and to load games in that I just pop it in and don't push it down. From what I've seen, pushing it down warps the heads, mine works fine without pushing it down, every time on the first try.

Mods, if you think this is unnecessary, close it. I though this would be a good way to reminisce about old times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.