1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NES Modification...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Wilhelm82, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Wilhelm82

Wilhelm82 Member

Sorry, I looked around couldn't find any proper place to put this question down. GameCube looked most reliable since it's the oldest one this forum still has to offer.

Anyways, I have an NES, which no longer stays springed down due to wear-and-tare...
    I was wondering if there is ANYWAY to make it so I wouldn't have to put the cartrage in, and push it down...
    I'd like to have it so I can just slide it in, and boom turn it on and it plays... if you guys know what I mean at least.

It's a pain in the butt to have to find something to keep the spring clamped down and I already repaired the spring thing like fifty times it's quite annoying.

2. scum101

scum101 Guest

we used a big heavy book.. or look around yard sales and other places where old junker toys get sold.. or.. if I remember right.. there is a small catch attached to a spring inside.. over time it gets rounded off.. it may be possible to sharpen it or make another.. but it's probably easier to dig one up broken from a yard sale and swap the part you need.

3. pablo123

pablo123 Member

You can just use another NES game. When you slide the game in that you want to play and push it down, just slide another NES game in above it to hold it down. Or you can use a game genie. You never had to push that down.