1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.Net Framework

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by AComposer, Aug 13, 2008.

1. AComposer

AComposer Member

Hi,

Can't install my latest Win XP Prof Update?

I get

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365)

can not be installed?

On another Forum they suggested a long process of remiving all . Net Framework files and downloading and reinstalling them all and then the latest last but this is a mammoth task for me and I think one of the files alone is 70MB and I only have limited 500MB download facility?

Another Option was offered but made no sense?

He gave the following list and then said execute each one in turn from the C:\WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 directory

regsvr32 wuweb.dll
    regsvr32 wups2.dll
    regsvr32 wups.dll
    regsvr32 wucltui.dll
    regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll
    regsvr32 wuaueng.dll
    regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Even I knew they are not executable files, so that option was useless?

Thanks

2. onya

onya Guest

500mb D/L limit, is that a per day, week or a monthly rate? Either way you could benefit from a download manager, that way you can get what you need over a period of time that suits. Perhaps you could try this from Ad's pages . My advise is to un-install NET framework from Control panel then restart and D/L what you need. Sooner or later you'll have to bite the bullet with regards to your D/l limitations.

All the best.

3. AComposer

AComposer Member

OK many thanks

4. AComposer

AComposer Member

Sorry I should have asked -

" Do I need to download every earlier version already installed OR can I just delete the OLD and download the latest - Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0 (KB928365) "

Thanks

5. onya

onya Guest

Out with the old and in with the latest version. Leave all other versions and updates. One thing perhaps I should've mentioned was to use CCleaner and defrag your system as often as you can, to maintain performance.

Cheers.