1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netflix and the Post Office

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Oopsla, Mar 3, 2005.

1. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Its a federal offense to if they are caught. Can you say how dumb are they? Maybe they are backing them up then sending them to us. I mean they come opened all the time, until i cancelled lol. It would take a week for me to get them. It was really bad.

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

A guy at our delivery office was caught intercepting dvds & copying them! He was sacked!

3. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

See i know they do it. They read these posts too. They use to come in opened! I got so bad they were just taking them. I don't think it was the mail man himself. I mean that would be a little to close for comfort. Plus, it only happend when i subscribed to blockbuster, not netflix. Anyway, I just go to my local block now. Forget mail order. Not worth it.

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Yeah, i know it sucks when they are devious like that.

I guess it would be nice if they kinda concealed them alittle better.

That is like putting your car keys in the mail with you address and what car you drive....lol

Kinda like saying..."Here take the keys and steal my ride!"

Sad though that they HAVE a job,yet still steal...if anything they should get them themselves.

But i guess if they are dumb and get caught...oh well.

5. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I think they are slowly. But when they come in the mail opened....ya know they are not being smart about it

6. Oopsla

Oopsla Guest

The Postal Inspector had the audacity to say to me, "Bring your NetFlix here to the Post Office and I will be sure that they'll go out". Like I am going to travel to the Post office every 3 days or so and ask for him. I have half a mind to edit this thread of names and hand it to em. Maybe a light will go off in his dull skull.

7. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

They don't care man. That is why I just go to the store and do a movie pass. I hate mail order services. Its ok. The post office will get sued or something at some point. It always happens

8. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

True true,

It sucks that people would go to such great lengths in order to steal a movie....a car, i can understand, but a movie....

To Oopsla....should have just slapped him..lol!

I hope you all have better luck with them, but there is definately a debate about this, hopefully it will get better in the future......hopefully.

9. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I hope man. I loved the concept. Netflix was great in the beginning as soon as i sent i got more. Then it massively slowed down!

10. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Yeah, it should get better....

But there are other alternatives....like dvd trading..

A friend is mine is going to be doing something like peerflix.com

So, it is definately going to get interesting as far as dvd's in the mail...

Hope you all get better experiences in the future....

11. Oopsla

Oopsla Guest

Netflix might of slowed down in part to the exponential number of new members and probably a corprate memo about slowing the videos down.
    Look at it. They get only 20 bucks if they ship 3 videos or 300 video. If you worked there what would you do? "Hey it's that Venom guy again. I just sent him these movies this mornin? I'm making this couch potato wait for 2 hours before I send him his videos."ya know?

I'd really like to snoop in their internal e-mails. But the real place I wanna snoop (with a baseball bat) is at the Post Office Mail room.

12. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I agree with NoHelp. My BBV movies come to me opened half the time but so far not Netflix (of course I've only gotten 1 batch of 3 from them). BBV takes FOREVER!!

13. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Oh...so now I am being singled out, huh Oopsla....LOL!

Yeah, I see your point, pretty good....

I also would like to know what is up with the post office, cause I ordered a book one time, and when i got the package....it was as if my mail person just wanted to see what i got....it was a programming book...guess when he/she saw it, they got intimidated....because they probably wouldn't understand it....and slipped it neatly back into the package...LOL

I was SO going to go to the post office and be like...what the hell!!!

But, didn't bother....just won't be doing THAT anymore...

14. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Its not a bad idea. They need to use better cases to send the dvd's in. Something with more of like a seal or something.

15. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

I definately agree with that....like it was stated earlier....kinda like handing over the keys to your car and hoping someone would steal it...

But then again, it is always going to be a tug or war no matter what procedures they come up with....

16. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I still think Netflix is 100 times better than BBV. And the only opened ones I receive are BBV discs. It doesn't seem like their envelopes are cheap or anything, but why would the postman open them and not Netflix? Maybe his wife works for Netflix or something and he's trying to make their competition look bad. They're doing a good enough job of that on their own though.

17. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i read on some post that someone got an email from netfilx saying if you send dvd's back too fast, they slow down your shipments.

18. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

"I still think Netflix is 100 times better than BBV. And the only opened ones I receive are BBV discs"

You right that is so true it is only the blockbuster ones. Sometimes I would not even get the disk. I would get the flap on it with just my name on it! The disk would never come. Blockbuster also never checked the dvd's coming back in anyway. I got one dvd of shrek I that had the imprint of a quarter. Like someone got the dvd and put a quarter on it and left it for like 2 months. Now do you think that worked?? lol

19. squizzle

squizzle Active member

BBV must use cheap envelopes. They don't seem that way. Unless you live right next to me or something and we have the same mailman:)

20. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey peeps,

No offense to anyone out there, but BBV sucks.

I am not biased about this, but have only one good reason as to why I say it...the only reason why they are in the mail rental game now against Netflix is because they are trying to take back all the customers Netflix just took.

So they just threw some stuff together and said, "Hey, we can probably get our customers back, because we lost em." On top of that, one of the MAIN reason reasons why BBV lost most of the customers...and I know you all know this....let's say it together now....LATE FEES!!!! Wow! Big surprise there. Who likes paying them..not me! ;)

Almost like Sprint trying to have some pull in the cell phone biz, where everyone else already had was doing the free nights and weekend, and family plans...Sprint thought customers would be dumb enough to stay with them by STILL charging them per minute plans...damn do I remember those days well...LOL!

Anyways, I say...if BBV works and/or Netflix works for you...good for you...but like I said in my other post....there are DEFINATELY going to be more alternatives! Which I am SO going to try. ;)

Have a good one all!

Speaking of which how ARE the envelops for BBV...Netflix's are like BRIGHT RED!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005