1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

netgear router problem

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by lowss01, Oct 8, 2007.

1. lowss01

lowss01 Guest

i just recently purchased a Netgear 802.11g Wireless Router WGR614NA. the CD to set up the device guided me through installing the router correctly without problems. the problem occurs when I am trying to connect. the computer sees the wirless router but an error occurs. It says the wireless device or whatever is no longer in range...i am right next to the router....it's in range..???? any tips. I have tried on and off and all that stuff. thanks

2. NJman

NJman Member

Theres most likly either a hardware problem(the router) or a configuration problem in the router. directly connect an ethernet cable from your computer/laptop to the router and go to internet explorer. type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. it will ask you for a user name and password. if you havent changed these it will be admin and password by default. i would suggest called your routers support number before attempting any of this on your own.