1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network cable Unplugged....

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by xalaros, Jun 2, 2003.

1. xalaros

xalaros Guest

Ok, here goes, i recently got a dvd-r burner and i wanted to burn some backups of my xbox games. I got the evox dummy guide and went step by step through the process. I have an ethernet card on my pc which i have never used before and got a CAT-5 crossover cable for the connection between the xbox and ethernet of my PC. I don´t know why but the PC keeps telling me that the network cable is unplugged when i connect the two machines. If i had a problem with my setting i wouldn´t get that error would i?
    Also when i connect the cable i get a green light on the xbox and on the ethernet on the PC which probably means that the connection they both see the cable has connected. I don^t know i am starting to think i need a new ethernet card cause this one is probably crap what do you think?

2. prelude99

prelude99 Member

are you able to FTP into your xbox? if so, there's nothing wrong. if you cant, try changing the settings for the NIC, like the IP, Subnetmask and the Default Gateway