1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networking stuff!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Alandvd06, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Alandvd06

Alandvd06 Member

Well im stayin in an apartment with a number of people, the wireless router is in the sitting room. I think a few of em are using it with their ethernet cable. is their any way to check this??

2. steimy

steimy Active member

I really think you need to explain that one some more. If they were using it with their ethernet cables then you would know it. You would see the cable plugged into the back of the router and you could follow it to the computer it plugs into.

If your talking about them using it wirelessly then you can be underhanded and study up on the modem. see if it has security setting. If it does you can set it up so it requires a password to get in. That way no one can access the internet through the router without the pass key and SSID name. Then you sit back and wait to see who is pissed off about not being able to get on the net. Then you will know who is using it.

3. Alandvd06

Alandvd06 Member

sorry ya well the wireless is password protected so i am the only one using the wireless. Well i seen a few lads in their with laptops but i didnt go in and check, they dnt leave the cables in when their not their like.