1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 250gb harddrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Engtech, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Engtech

Engtech Member

I bought a new 250 gig harddrive model#WD2500JB which is a locking harddrive. I followed the instructions to the letter as far as using the upgrade wizard. It seem to work because it took my F Drive all day to load to the new harddrive. So then I put all the cables and harddrive in place but none of my games are showing. When I look at the file manager I can see where the F Drive has a lot of data in it but my X-box seems like it cannot access it. Please Help.

2. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

your bios must be configured to use f upto 137gb and g for rest. you must also set to use both drives in all dashboards.

3. Engtech

Engtech Member

Thank you for the insight but I am not sure how to reconfigure the BIOS to support over 137 gb. Also whenever I followed the upgrade wizard directions it ask if I wanted just a "F" drive what was recommended or a "F & G" drive. So I went with the recommended way.

4. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

are you sure you are useing bios that sounds like the chips os no the bios.

5. Engtech

Engtech Member

That sounds right because to do the harddrive upgrade I had to press the eject button which takes me to the xenium os. Is this the wrong way to about this??? Is there a better way???

6. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

put the evoxm8 bios on and boot to those then use evox to install the hdd.pm me if you the files.

7. Engtech

Engtech Member

I will have to find the evoxm8 bios on the net somewhere, I dont have it handy right now. Is there anything else I should know like a procedure or something like that???

8. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

9. Engtech

Engtech Member

Ok I went to the link and click on the dashboard and Bios option for hard-modding. I copied it to my computer and then I burned it to a cd-rw. I put the disk in and reboot my Xbox with it in. Nothing happened from what I can tell. Am I missing a step??? Just to let you know I am using the Avalaunch dashboard right now, I dont know if that really makes a difference? One more thing am I suppose to boot the disk with the new harddrive or the old harddrive??

10. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

you must have defualt.xbe the file it boots to, use media your xbox likes, and create an xiso before burning. use qwix put all the files in a folder click the folder then burn it.

11. Engtech

Engtech Member

When you say media you must mean a DVD or a CD-RW??? How do I create an XISO file as you describe?? What is the procedure for the process???

12. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

use qwix

13. Engtech

Engtech Member

Thanks! I think I maybe on the right track. I downloaded the software needed to convert files to iso and I downloaded the suggested burner program. I did everything but nothing happened. I think I need to burn the files to a DVD or find a brand of CD-RW that is compatible with a Samsung drive.