1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 30GB zune for xp?

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by latino209, Dec 2, 2007.

1. latino209

latino209 Regular member

I want to buy a zune for my son and i was wondering if it had xp support i have heard that it doesnt is this true?

2. Playr

Playr Regular member

Yes, it works w/ XP. Both products are made by Microsoft BTW.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

I would check out other mention of the Zunes in this forum. They can be problematic.

4. Noxpredor

Noxpredor Member

DONT BUY IT HAVING NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS!
    Sorry for the yelling there but I have not had anything but probs and the tech support is CRAP! You cant understand them and after over an hour and a half on the phone with them still not working, AND THEN let me put you on hold oops got diconnected when a restart and re install doent work. VERY DISAPPOINTED

5. latino209

latino209 Regular member

YEAP I KNEW IT... Apple's the best my ipod's sweet!!!

6. Mez

Mez Active member

I learned something. I think they added a new feature from HELL!Zunes now start up with auto find which trys to find all the tunes from all accessable drives. This makes it unusable if the computer is on a network. It spends most of the CPU time scanning. Once it finds everything things settle out but I could not figure out how to turn off that feature. The solution is to disconnect the computer from the network.

A MUCH better solution is buy something else. They have spent great effort to keep the player from being accessed by anything but the Zune software. This means you will likely have to buy videos from Zune instead of converting videos you already own.