1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Barracuda Razer headphones....having some trouble

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Souperfro, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Souperfro

Souperfro Member

Alright, so I just got these new pair of 5.1 heaphones. I have had the X-fi platinum sound card for awhile now, and I really wanted a good pair of headphones to take to lans and what not.

I got these Barracuda Razer headphones, because I found them on eBay for about $30 off the normal price.

I plugged them in today, when I got them and at first it sounded awesome, I played my music and stuff, it was all good. But then I went to play some counterstrike and not so good.

Everything in front of me sounds good, on my sides still sounds awesome, but then like everything behind me is at least half of the volume of everything else. I tested this a ton of times, throwing a grenade then turning around immediately, it was right behind me, but sounded a mile away.

Do I have a faulty pair of headphones? Or is there possibly something I don't have set up right, I set everything to 5.1, and I have searched google for awhile today to figure this out, I'm kinda pissed because it took so long to get here and it kinda sucks. Thanks.

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

I dont see how you can tell the front sounds good and sidesdo also but not the back, considerign their only head phones.
    Besides that point, its possible that counter strike doesnt support 5.1 surround through some headphones.