1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New blackberry playbook 7, 64gb, will not connect to any WIFI on inital setup

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Babyboyo7, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Babyboyo7

Babyboyo7 Member

I bought a new blackberry playbook 7 and will not show any any WIFI connection or connect to any WIFI connection on inital set up. Can any body help.

2. berrymartin

berrymartin Member

Try one of the following actions:

Your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet might be too far away from the wireless access point or wireless router to connect. Move your tablet closer and try connecting again.

Verify that you're in a Wi-Fi coverage area. If you're connecting to a home network, see if other wireless devices are able to connect. If you're connecting to an enterprise Wi-Fi network or a hotspot, talk to your administrator or an employee at the hotspot.

The wireless connection may not be strong enough to display any content. Move closer to the router, or switch to a network with a stronger signal.

Verify that the time on your tablet is synchronized with the network time. If the times are different, it could prevent your tablet from connecting (for example, if connecting to the network requires you to have a certificate on your tablet and the certificate has an expiration date).

If the Wi-Fi network doesn't appear in the list of available networks, the network might be hidden. If you know the network name, try connecting to it manually.

If you switched Wi-Fi networks manually, try switching to another Wi-Fi network.

Regards,
    Berry Martin

3. Babyboyo7

Babyboyo7 Member

I brought this tablet to different locations and have it next a router but no joy of a signal. Without a signal I can not finished the set up process. Are there any programs I could use to allow me to get into the blackberry playbook to see if the WIFI settings is turn on or off. As this device stands I can not do nothing to it at the moment but hope somebody can help. Thanks Martin.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

read the user manual to make certain you pushed the right button or whatever to turn on the onboard wireless card. also possible if still under warranty to get the playbook replace as wireless card is dead.

5. Babyboyo7

Babyboyo7 Member

How can a hard reset be done to this device.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check the manual & check the blackberry faq site.