New Burner Options

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by slackster, Jul 17, 2008.

1. slackster

slackster Member

Hi All,
    Time for a new burner as my HP 740 no longer reads even commerical DVDs (previous thread on getting it to work here). I've read the guide in this forum and several of the 'best dvd to buy' threads. But I'd like to get additional opinions, thoughts, comments about the following items:
    1.) Internal vs. External.
    2.) If internal, SATA vs. IDE
    3.) Labeling, LightScribe vs. Ink jet printing
    What do you think are the better options to go with? Thanks in advance.

2. elliott

elliott Regular member

I never label using more than a marker but if your into that I would go with a lightscribe looks cool, discs are a bit more expensive. I personally love the longevity and functionality of Lite-on drives you can go either way as far as sata or ide however most motherboards now have great support for sata drives of all kinds and produce faster with higher caching limits. LIte-on Drives won't kill your budget and as far as external internal well if you want to be very portable you can go external or buy an external box to convert an internal drive it's really want best suits your individual needs. You can find great product reviews and pricing at Newegg.com & tigerdirect.com read what people who have purchased and used various drives are saying.