1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New comcast motorola DCH series replacing DCT series boxes. Differences? Why?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by mikej3131, Aug 22, 2007.

1. mikej3131

mikej3131 Regular member

Hello

I have had the DCT6412 motorola box for Comcast for a while now. My girlfriends dad just signed up for comcast and i noticed he has a totally different looking box than mine. i looked around on the internet and found that comcast has new boxes coming out. these are the dch series.

Can any1 inform me on why this change was made and what are the differences between the dct and the dch series? i heard that a cable card is needed for the dch, why is that? do these new boxes improve existing funcionality or picture quality? Should i upgrade and would it cost the same as my existing dvr box?

2. Peschula

Peschula Member

Don't do it man. I've been reading threads from 2005 talking about the 'first run' issue and it hasn't been fixed in 2008. I have a Motorola DCH3416 and it is horrible. When I had DVR from Time-Warner using the SA8300HD model it reigned supreme and would actually record only one episode in a series and not fifty of the ones I didn't want. Sadly since I moved all we have is Comcast.