1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New computer install prob

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by beanboy7, Oct 12, 2007.

1. beanboy7

beanboy7 Member

I bought an MSI K9N SLI Platinum motherboard(and many other goodies) and am trying to load XP 64. The board didnt come with a floppy for SATA drivers on windows install, So I have DL them from MSI site and have a floppy ready to go. The files are on there, the floppy is recognized but when it comes time for me to install the drivers from the floppy windows tells me to please insert a disk in the A drive. I am at wits end here on what to do. PS the sata drive is not recognized in bios. Have tried other sata ports as well. Please help if you can.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Hmm, can I ask why you need XP64 on the PC?
    As far as I know if you use 32-bit Windows the S-ATA chipset should be picked up automatically.

3. beanboy7

beanboy7 Member

I found my problem. I didnt have the power sata cable hooked to the HD. DOH! Running windows 64 because i have a amd 6000+. Not a good idea? I really dont want Vista just yet.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No, definitely not a good idea. You don't need a 64-bit OS just because you have a 64-bit CPU, and you'll have a hell of a hard time getting programs to run on it. 32-bit windows is fine, I assure you.