1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Computer

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Brice8989, Dec 9, 2008.

1. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Try the return to newegg. With proof of purchase, they should still accept the return.

2. Brice8989

Brice8989 Member

Lol I don't know what did it but I fixed it. I did 3 last things before I tried to switch it out. I uninstalled the ATI drivers with all that CCC crap in it and installed just the drivers fresh. I used rivatuner for the fan and OC after that. Then I checked my mobo settings and noticed my main display adapter was set to PCI instead of PEG. Then I took my CPU down from 3 Ghz to the 2.8 stock. I've now been playing Crysis for 3 hours without a crash. Hopefully it's the same with the other games.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Interesting. Keep us posted with any more info you find.

4. Brice8989

Brice8989 Member

Ok.....it crashed when I tried to exit Crysis I'm not sure if it's fixed now but I'm glad I got to play Crysis farther than the first 5 mns of the game after 20 attempts. I'm going to try a few other games like Assasins Creed and WoW to see what happens.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Crashing when trying to exit games is a problem I've had when my graphics overclock has been too high.

6. Brice8989

Brice8989 Member

Ok I've ran Assasins Creed, Far Cry 2, WoW and U3 all highest settings. Everything has run smooth and no crashes I think it's finally fixed :). I think that last Crysis crash was a bad coincidence. Thanks for helping me through this and helping me pick out my system it's running great now!

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

No problem. Messing around with different versions of catalyst has caused me issues in the past as well, though only in Vista, not XP.