1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Console

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Babatz, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Babatz

Babatz Newbie

Hello!
    Here's the thing. I stopped being a gamer for some time and lost track of what was going on. Now I have some money i'd like to spend but i'm too lazy to read through tons of articels to make a decision.
    I hope you can help me since you most likely are up to date :)!

I want to buy a Nintendo to play Pokemon and Monster Hunter. Maybe some Zelda and Golden Sun.

Here are my questions:

- If i import MH4 from Japan and play it on my console, can i download the add ons they release for the game? Meaning can i acces the japanese online shop and play online quests with people?

- Which Nintendo handheldconsole is best suited in my case? I don't need all the stuff like a lousy camera and microphone but i do want to be able to play online.

- i don't really care about the homebrew and free game thing, so that's not something important, but would be interesting since i just like to fumble with electronics (sorry for the bad english)

Thanks in advance!
    Babatz

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

the 3DS is Region Locked you would have to purchase a Japanese 3ds in order to play 3ds titles from Japan

3. Babatz

Babatz Newbie

Ohh heeeell no :( So basically if i buy a Console in Europe, i can only play games i purchase here too? Not even american ones? That's messed up :/

Thank you for the reply.

4. loren1

loren1 Newbie

For 3ds games, yes, but for ds games. you can use the flashcart to play any games you want, no region locked.