1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Digital Protection Problems!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by kwamesead, Sep 26, 2006.

1. kwamesead

kwamesead Member

Hi everyone. I recently tried burning some cds with nero and was unsuccsessful. The cd's couldn't be recognised by both my dvd rom and dvd burner. There is an arrow sign on all these cd's that says 'copright control' digital copy protection' These cd's will not play in all pc's.For example,this happened on 'red hot chilli peppers greatest hits.' How can I get past this if the copy protection stops my computer even reading and playing the cd. Is there a way around this new technology? Anyone!Thanks.

2. kwamesead

kwamesead Member

Hi everyone. No one has responded to this thread. Is there no one out there who has encountered this problem? Does no one have a solution? Please help.Thanks.

3. kwamesead

kwamesead Member

Hi everyone. I can't believe that no one has responded to this thread! Has no one ever encountered this problem? Has anyone a solution? Please help!

Thanks.

4. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Will the Cds play on your Computer? Chris

5. kwamesead

kwamesead Member

Hi chris

The cd's won't play on my computer as they are digitaly copy protected. This means they will only play on certain drives and most cd players. It's something companies are doing to stop computers recognising the media. An example of this protection, is on 'red hot chilli peppers greatest hits.' I've been advised to try 'any dvd.' But how canthis work if the computer cannot register the cd?

6. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

I asked since the Red Hot play on both of my computers and I have Any DVD enabled I'll try it tonight W/O ANY DVD enabled and see.In the meantime give ANY DVD and Clones a try their free for 21 days see if it makes a difference also what brand of drive and set up are you running, curious for my own info.Chris

7. kwamesead

kwamesead Member

What website link should I go to for the any dvd free trail?My set up is 2g proccesor speed, 80g hard driveand 512mb ram. I have windws XP, and 2 dvd writers. These are a Toshiba that came with the pc package and a plextor 755a. I hope this helps.

Thanks.

8. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Go to Slysoft.com For ANYDVD and CLONES Which version of Media Player are you using? Chris
    It did play with ANY DVD disabled ,but I don't use Media Player at all. Also an interesting insight in Safety Valve Let's Paint the Kettle black by Ireland on Sonys DRM. Chris

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  9. kwamesead

kwamesead Member

I have windows media player 1,2 and 3. However I don't use them as they take too long to burn and rip audio files compared to nero. The red hot chilli peppers and others have arrow signs on them displaying a digital copy protecton note. I will put on any dvd and see how it goes.
    I have dvd fab decrypter,dvd shrink and nero 7. Will any dvd clash with these? If not is it a better stand alone program for copying films than say dvd fab or the three I use above. I ask this as I find it quite time consuming having to use three programs everytime I burn films with new forms of copy protection.
    Thanks.

10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Just dl AnyDVD and it will run in the background to break the protection on the CD, it also works with DVD's. You can then just use your Nero as usual to copy/burn. For DVD's just run AnyDVD in the background with DVD Shrink and proceed as usual. If the DVD disk gives you problems, use the AnyDVD built in ripper and rip to your HDD, make sure you check remove blank and unrefereneced cells box, this will clean up any bogus files. You run the ripper by right clicking on the red fox in the tray.

http://www.slysoft.com

11. longstack

longstack Guest

The way I have got around this problem was to buy a BurnIt Professional Cd copyer. With this machine it stripes away all the copy protect on any disc. I then record the disc to a CDW disc then you can burn on any computer.

12. kwamesead

kwamesead Member

Dear users. I recently installed any dvd after the advise given above. I put in a sony BGM digitally copy protected cd and the following message apeared: "FOUND AND REMOVED ADDITIONAL SESSION(S) FROM DISC. However, when I copied the disc to a blank only half the tracks would play. So I did another copy and the same result.I went to NERO DISC INFO on the original cd and the track before last had a sign saying "SESSION IS OPEN." As I thought any dvd had removed the additional sessions, I copied the disc on nero as "cd copy and "no multissesion". What is going on? What am I doing wrong? This was the first digitally copy protected disc I tried to copy.Is this the standard of what to expect when doing other discs with the same protection? Please, can anybody help?

13. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

I just put the disk in my rom drive blank disk in my burner go to Nero smart start hit cd copy music cd then add in tracks off rom drive hit next set my speed to 12x and check burn at once and burn. I use the vision express in Nero. Chris

14. kwamesead

kwamesead Member

Dear chris,

I only have one drive and don't really understand what you you are saying.I need to know what format I use to copy a cd that has open sessions even though any dvd says it has removed them,. I need to know how to get aroung this problem. Can you give me a step by step breakdown of any ways you know? The cd was by Dido "LIFE FOR RENT".

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

15. longstack

longstack Guest

I record the offending CD digitaly to MD. Then record the MD to hard drive using Creative Audigy4 and Creative smart recorder converting to wave files. then I can burn the wave files on to a Cd using Roxio.
    It works every time no problems.

16. kwamesead

kwamesead Member

Thanks for your help, but I don't have the above resouces to convert the copy protected cd as above. I need to know how I can get around the problem using any dvd and nero. Thanks.

17. jacka$$

jacka$$ Member

hi, try using winamp, you need a licensed version to do this. hope this helps....

Last edited: Oct 28, 2006