1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new DVD-RW says disc is used

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by milo666, Nov 2, 2004.

1. milo666

milo666 Member

Please help... Ihave LG GSA-4120B DVD burner and have been using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter to back up dvd's on laser DVD-RW discs and it has been working well. until I opened a new box and the disc's are reading used. I tried to erase disc's with dvd decrypter 3.5.1.0 and also tried Nero express 6 neither worked and disc's still read used one now reads not rewritable. tried dvd-r and dvd+rw both work do I just have a dud box of DVD-RW can I do anything to reformat them or are they frisbees...Please help

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

This also happened to me once, and it drove me crazy when Nero and DVD Shrink kept saying my brand new discs were not empty and refused to work with them (normally both programs would erase the data for me during a burn operation when the discs are in fact not empty). I finally used Alcohol 120%'s CD/DVD Erase function to completely 'clean' the discs (which should be very clean in the first place). I never bothered to explore the reason why so long when the method worked. Why not give it a try?

3. milo666

milo666 Member

Thankyou for your reply. I will definitely give that a go. let you know if it works thankyou again