1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New DVDFAB Decrypter + VobBlanker + DVD Shrink + ImgBurn guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by alkohol, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@jpiere

What version is your DVDFAB Decrypter? I'm using DVDFAB Decrypter 2.9.7.7 (as stated in my guide with the link). Another question is, did you had any kind of "cracking engines" running in the background (i.e. AnyDVD, DVD43 or others) while you are "ripping" with DVDFAB Decrypter or "processing" the VIDEO_TS.IFO file through VobBlanker? In addition, when you get to VobBlanker, did you ever clicked on "PROC.ALL" at the RIGHT before you hit PROCESS!! at the BOTTOM?

Again, all I can think of is to follow the guide closely and I'm sure you'll be fine. Let me know what I can do to help you all right. Good luck and happy burning.

Seriously, I don't really know why you're having those "Warnings with unsynchronized". Honestly, I have never experienced any Warnings at all when I'm using VobBlanker to post process any of my backups (VIDEO_TS.IFO).

Last edited: May 6, 2006
  2. jpiere

jpiere Guest

Alkohol, first of all thanks for all of your great posts.. and wisdom!

this is the 3rd day .. and the only dvd I have not been able to do.

First of all, I first tried, 1Click 4.2 with dvd43. Then tired again with without dvd43 and with fox's newest Anydvd,.. and we all know it wasn't going to be simple.

I then did the PGedit decryper automated thing.. and it came up with errors after it was all done, saying "was dvd43 or or anydvd running?"... and i checked with task manager.. and made sure. I must have done that 5 times.

I then read the forum and your great tutorial.. and was so happy that a soulution was in sight! I downloaded the new Fab decrypter.

I followed your words to every DOT!.. yes, I said process, with hitting, all files to be processed, which changed file 11 to be able to be processed. I tried to open up shrink.. it wouldn't allow the file, saying it was unsupported... or something wrong with Vts_01_5.vob.

I have used the following programs in one way or in another.
    Appolo DVD Cop
    DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0
    DVD Shrink 3.2
    Fab Decrtyper
    IfoEdit 0971
    DVD Fab Platnium
    DVD Fab Gold
    Magic DVD ripper
    FixVTS1.25
    VOBblanker 2110B8

When I try to take what the files after getting what looks right and run 1click.. it goes through missing 4 of the 5 vts_ main movies files.

It makes one of the benind the scences, seem to be the Main movie.

I know you must be sick of threads like mine.. but any more help would be appreciated

thanks Jim

3. peterhun

peterhun Member

Here's another angle, I do it this way and I think that it's the quickest method.
    I don't do the "Process All", I select "Skip" for everything and then select "Blank" for removal of the Warnings and Trailers etc which I firstly preview to make sure, and then I hit the Process button at the bottom. (this takes about 10 secs!) I nominated the Temp folder as the output folder for the processed files and when done I replace the original vob and ifo files with the ones from the Temp folder and all done, then load these into dvd shrink.

4. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@jpiere

I, too, once used 1Click DVD Copy long, long, long time ago but now it's history.

(1) Why don't you just use "DVDFAB Decrypter 2.9.7.7." (from the link I provided) to rip into the hard drive? It's only 12 minutes ripping.

(2) Then just process your already ripped VIDEO_TS.IFO file through VobBlanker and "blank out" any unwanted junks (i.e. FBI Warnings, rating screens/logos, previews/trailers, etc.?) This only take like 5 minutes to process.

(3) And you can just "trancode" the OUTPUT folder or VIDEO_TS file that VobBlanker created with DVD Shrink, instead of using Nero Recode 2 as stated in my guide.

Honestly, I don't know why you keep on getting "warnings and errors". I honestly can't think of anything else, unless you're running AnyDVD or DVD43 in the background while "ripping" with DVDFAB Decrypter and when you're "processing" the VIDEO_TS.IFO file through VobBlanker. If so, then I strongly "against" it, you need to "turn them off". Because it will only conflicts with one another and therefore you're likely to end up with some unknown errors.

Last edited: May 9, 2006
  5. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@peter

That will certainly do the job too. However, I recommend using "PROC.ALL", then "preview/play" all/any of them VTS or PGC and "blank out" any unwanted junks. Then just click "PROCESS!!" at the bottom.

I don't know how long/fast is your process, but mine only take like 5 minutes to process everything.

Best of lucks to you and happy burning.

6. peterhun

peterhun Member

Like I said, 10 seconds not 5 minutes. Preview all the vobs, select skip for the ones you don't want processed (ie you are keeping intact) and Blank the parts you don't want to keep. ps...the app screen consists of 2 halves, the functions on the right hand top are for the top half and the functions on the right hand bottom is for the bottom half, therefore also select Menu from the top right and use Preview as there are also little parts in here that can be Blanked out as well. Then select the bottom half and use Preview for it also.

7. wayne186

wayne186 Member

Hi,

I am trying to follow your guide and I am using the same movie too (Hostel) but DVDFab is taking forever. I installed DVDfab and then ran it to rip hostel without rebooting after the install. I left it running today and it took over 7 hours to complete. I thought surely this was a problem so I rebooted and deleted the files it created and ran it again.. well it has now been runing for 3 hours and still no sign of completion. Have you experienced this before? I am running it on a fairly decent spec pc Intel P4 3.2ghz with hyperthreading enabled and 1.5gb of ram. OS is XP with SP2. Cpu utilization is running at around 3% consistently and paging is ticking along without any issue.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Incidentally I ran DVDShrink right after DVDFab had completed the first time and pointed to the video_ts folder and it gave me an error stating that there was a an error and could not continue?

I have been using dvdshrink and dvddecrypter for a long time and as mentioned in this thread I am coming against more and more new dvd's that can not be ripped by these programs.

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  8. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@wayne186

Something is not right there, it should never take you more than 12 - 15 minutes to rip any movies, including HOSTEL. Out of curiosity, what version is your DVDFAB Decrypter? You'll need at least the latest version 2.9.7.7 or at least 2.9.7.6 to rip the movie into your hard drive first. Use the links that I provided and it will solve your issues.

Let me know.

9. wayne186

wayne186 Member

Alkohol, I used the links you provided to download the software and I am running version 2.9.7.7 free edition. I followed your guide to the letter although there is nothing to change dvd decrypter I left everything as default except the path for the target is c:\my movies\hostel\dvd.

I am going to uninstall the program, reboot, reinstall and then reboot again before I try the movie again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way - any idea if dvdshrink can handle the rip afterwards? My dvd shrink gave me an error last time when I pointed it to the video_ts folder.

cheers

10. wayne186

wayne186 Member

All fixed - it appears that the uninstall and the re-install resolved the issue. Thanks

11. duckNrun

duckNrun Guest

@ Alkohol

Hey man, GREAT guide! I was just passing through and thought I'd check it out. It's great to see people sharing their knowledge with others and being friendly about it (lol).

I've seen too many other forums on diff sites where experience often results in a license to be rude to some poor noob who just isn't getting it (and truely sometimes they do make it harder on themselves by not following instructions or giving good info for their probs).

Afterdawn is a great place for all of us regardless of whether we are experienced or a noob!

It just really hits me in the heart... or is that the pizza I had for dinner??? ;-)

seriously though.. nice!

12. dustysmom

dustysmom Guest

hey alkohol
    you've helped me a ton in the past and I apologise for the continuous ??? but im still having one issue...
    my latest copies keep digitizing and freezing...
    for ex aeonfluex (sp?) big mommma's house 2 etc...
    Ive had nothing but success using the guide you provided above but recently they seem to skip in my player...
    i use maxell DVD+R burn at 8X speed...i think my next try i will reduce my burn to 4X like mentioned...
    and what is this "book type" you mentioned and how do i go about trying that..if that could be the issue
    any help is appreciated...thnx

also im trying the movie "the New World" and after i take the previews fbi etc out via blank on vobblanker i load the iso into shrink (where i burn) and the compression is still at 55%, any other sugg as to why so low?? Maybe this was the case on previous burns and i didnt notice (that would cause skipping, right?)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2006
  13. dustysmom

dustysmom Guest

@ alkohol
    ok, so i downloaded nero recode today and it looks like i have a different version than you do on this guide things look a little different...2.2.6.17 nero recode and i got it form your link here and searching for it...ok, so when i clicked import found the file that vob created but when click on it to get to the video-ts image it brings up the movie title/menus (like on shrink after its analized). i double checked that i did infact create the video-ts file which i did. but i cant get it as a whole to pull up on nero. ok so i just took the title 1 for the movie to have nero do its deed. the two areas you adv to add checkmarks (when you select the destination folders) for better quality are not there...i adjsted to fit on DVD 4.7 things looked fine..but when i started it its going to take 250 min??? something is not right...DVDFAB generally takes 10-15min, VOBblanker takes aroung 20-min and when i use shrink it takes around 35min....what is going on...i understand that my comp seems a little slower than yours but it shouldnt be taking this long..right?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2006
  14. PearlJam

PearlJam Member

Thank you so much for this tutorial. I am on my way to step 3 as we speak. Your advise for ripping is so simple and effective, I would love to hear the best way to burn my newly ripped movie. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from Alkohol. I have the latest version of nero, and i suppose that is one way. Thanks again

15. blobbo451

blobbo451 Member

i have downloaded VOB blanker and your instructions are very clear...but I cannot get to the process button. I have triedto drag the page by the header and also tried the page up/down button but no luck...please help

16. peterhun

peterhun Member

When you load the VIDEO_TS.IFO (which is in the Video_TS folder) the PROCESS is already selected as you should be able to see under the "ACTION" column in the top half of the screen.
    If you don't want to make any changes to that particular VOB that you've clicked on (highlighted) then just select SKIP and when you PROCESS!! at the bottom of the screen only actions which are labelled process will be processed and the skipped ones will have their original content.
    If you select a different output folder than your source files then drag the original unprocessed files into your processed directory (I do it this way so that the original ripped files are still there in case something went wrong and saves ripping again)

17. lostmovie

lostmovie Member

Hello, First I want to say that I really like your guides to the others I have been reading.
    Now for the big Question.
    I have no problem with most movies but when it comes to WB movies none of the threads are helping.
    I am using DVDFabdecrypter, ifo edit, dvd decrypter, dvd shrink, and Nero. Two of the movies that I can not get to work are the new Hansel and Gretel and the old North and South series.
    When opening in DVD fab I get this error:
    Get DVD information fail: 4096
    I have tried everything I am so frustrated with these.
    Can you please help?

18. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

What version is your DVDFAB Decrypter? Was there any other cracking engines running in the background while you're ripping with DVDFAB Decrypter? If so, then I "highly" recommend you to turn "all" of them off, it's for the best.

Here are a few hints that I can think of:

* completely uninstall your current DVDFAB Decrypter
    * download the latest version of DVDFAB Decrypter via the link
    * reinstall the latest DVDFAB Decrypter back on your system
    * before ripping with DVDFAB Decrypter, disconnect everything from the internet
    * disable/shut off all anti-virus or firewall
    * disable/shut off all other unnecessary running programs

Now give it another shot and let me know how it goes. Seriously, I've been using DVDFAB Decrypter in combo with VobBlanker and so far it has never let me down. It has worked and still work 100% flawlessly for me, regardless of what dvds/movies i'm trying to rip and backup.

Best of lucks and happy burning.

19. lostmovie

lostmovie Member

Hi again,
    Sorry I should have been more specific.
    I am running a Dell XPS 2.8Ghz D processor. 512 MB Ram.
    Sony DVD ROM and not what the DVD/RW is.
    The version of DVDFab Decrypter is 2.9.8.0 I just downloaded it maybe two days ago.
    Nero I just purchased online last month version 7.
    DVD shrink is 3.2.0.15

I checked and had no other processes running on my machine at all.
    The processor is running at 1% and the memory is at 100Mb so theres nothing else going on. It took 5 hours to rip the last movie. It was a Disney movie but wow thats a long time.I have only the above mentioned dvd tools loaded and none running more than one at a time. It takes way to long if I am ripping and shrinking at the same time. I get a lot of I/O errors on both drives when trying to rip these movies.
    Disconnected the internet and stopped all processes that I know of.
    Is there a way to stop all processes except those necessary to run the PC?
    Thanks for your advice!

20. Heeeeeee

Heeeeeee Guest

how do i burn with nero after i get the final video_ts folder? burn it as data? :dunno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.