1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New DVDFAB Decrypter + VobBlanker + DVD Shrink + ImgBurn guide

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by alkohol, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heeeeeee

Heeeeeee Guest

2. meshelly

meshelly Member

Ok everything went well how do i use nero burn rom.
    i try to add file and it wont let me.

3. meshelly

meshelly Member

I got thru everything now how do i use nero brn rrom. i try to get files but they dont open. now what?

4. eLeGaLLY

eLeGaLLY Member

alkohol...appreciate the info there. With everything changing around so fast now its hard to keep up with the best combo thats works THANKS MAN

5. SARGE41

SARGE41 Guest

ALKOHOL... I READ THESE FORUMS AND I SEE THAT YOU AS IS SOME OTHERS ARE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE IN DVD BACKUPS.. I HAVE A PROBLEM WHEN USING DVD SHRINK... I GO THROUGH USING YOUR FORMULA AND ALL WORKS BUT ITS TAKING ME SOOOOO LONG WHEN BURNING WITH DVD SHRINK. CAN YOU TELL ME WHY ITS TAKING ME OVER 5 HOURS TO BURN A MOVIE?
    ENCODING TAKES NEARLY 3 AND A HALF HOURS AND THEN BURNING TAKES MORE THAN 2.

IVE CHECKED MY DMA AND EVEN DELETED THE CONTROLLERS AS SOME HAVE SAID BUT STILL HAVE PROBLEMS... IVE LOWERED AND RAISED THE BURN SPEEDS AND IM ABOUT TO PULL MY HAIR OUT...

ANY SUGGESTIONS? SOMEONE SUGGESTED DEFRAG BUT IM STILL ENCODING A MOVIE THATS 96% and still have 2 more hours to actually burn the movie..

ILL AWAIT YOUR ANSWER AND THANKS IN ADVANCE,
    SARGE

6. sharkA1A

sharkA1A Member

I hate to sound stupid but I am new to nero. I followed your guide and recoded to the hard drive just as you did. I burned the CD immediately after. Worked great and thank you for the info. Now it is later in life and I would like to burn again (Scratched copy). However, I'm not sure what to select in Nero CD ROM Burner? I have children that destroyed my first back up. Glad I have my personal copies.

7. sharkA1A

sharkA1A Member

Got it figured out.

(Nero 7)

Open Nero Burning Rom
    Select MiniDVD
    Select New at bottom right
    On the right in the menu tree find the folder Nero recoded to.
    Select all files from the recoded folder and drag n drop to available empty window pane to left. (If your files size total is larger then 4.7 G then you are in the wrong folder or you didn't recode them correctly)
    Select Burn on bottom right. You will see a fault pop up and then you will be asked to burn to DVD disc. Indicate YES.
    I guess by defualt a standard CD is selected which limits the data record size.

Good luck and hope this helps.

8. lodebar

lodebar Member

Hey im new here ive been making my own backups for awhile now but ive ran across a problem . well to start off with im trying to do the movie Inside Man first i tried my usual way that has always worked for me using clone dvd2 and anydvd and it kept coming up block code. so i then tried dvd decrypter it didnt work so i then went step by step using Alkohols guide and it all semmed to be going fine til i got the part where the nero was gonna encdoe it it got stuck a few seconds at the begining and wouldnt do anything else. I have spent 2 days on this movie it is the hardest one ive ever done.
    I done everything according to the guide a least i thought i did.
    I would really like to have a backup of this movie can you help PLEASE.

9. Sparrow69

Sparrow69 Member

I tried backing up Hostel with DvdFab last night and it just tells me that it has encountered an error and has to close. when last was DvdFab updated, i have not updated mine for + - 2 months and i am not sure if that is why i am unable to back it up.
    Please help? i am desperate! I have tried almost everything here.

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  11. T_Mac

T_Mac Member

Thanks heaps for the guide Alkohol its great.

I do have one drama though :)

I have gone through each step and it has all worked until I get to Step 3 where I have to use DVD Shrink.

I get the following error when I attempt to use the Open Files option, I find where I have saved my VobBlanker file too and I select the Video_TS file.

I get the following error in DVD Shrink "DVD Shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue"

"Invalid data in file "D:\dvd\VOB*******\Video_TS\VTS_02_1.VOB"

HELP.

I have been trying everything.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  12. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@sparrow69

You need to get the latest DVDFAB Decrypter 2.9.8.3, get it via the link that I provided on the very first page of my guide. Now rip the movie again to your hard drive and you should be good to go. However, it's wise and I recommend to process the VIDEO_TS file through VobBlanker once you're done ripping via DVDFAB Decrypter in prior to transcode with DVD Shrink or Nero Recode 2.

Keep me posted on how your project goes and I'll see what I can do for you.

Good luck.

13. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@elegally

Glad I could help and you're welcome. For future reference, just use the guide (this FREE guide) for any new released movies/dvds and I guarantee that you'll be out of misery. However, it's always wise to regularly check DVDFAB Decrypter for any new updates.

In addition, once you've mastered all the techniques from VobBlanker, you'll say; "ahh... it's a piece of cake" to ARccOS and RipGuard.

Good luck and happy burning.

14. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@T_mac

When you open with DVD Shrink, what did you choosed i.e. "Open Files" or "Open Disc"? What version is your DVDFAB Decrypter? Is it the latest? Did VobBlanker showed any errors or warnings when it's completed? Did VobBlanker processed successfully? Did you loaded the after processed VIDEO_TS file/folder that you've saved in your hard drive that you've cleaned/processed through VobBlanker? Or did you load after VIDEO_TS file from DVDFAB Decrypter? How big (how many gig) is the movie after you've processed via VobBlanker?

Well, according to my knowledge and experiences I've never seen/encountered any movies/dvds that "DVDFAB Decrypter + VobBlanker" can not be ripped, then transcoded via DVD Shrink or Nero Recoded 2.

If you did it right, everything should turned out smoothly. Don't get me wrong, what I meant is that perhaps you may have left out a step and that's why DVD Shrink can not transcode or continue.

Again, all I can think of is to restart everything from the beginning and follow every steps closely and you should be fine. Good luck, happy burning and let me know how it goes.

15. T_Mac

T_Mac Member

Thanks again Alkohol

I don't now what was wrong with that first DVD I tried but I have since deleted all the files that I had done previousley and started again.

This time DVDFAB Dectrypter ran heaps quicker and it all worked fine.

I will try the original DVD I had drama's with and will let you know.

Again though.

Thanks

T

16. dustysmom

dustysmom Guest

Hello alkohol-
    Sorry I am coming to you but you seem to be the pro with the way I usually do my back-ups
    I use DVDFAB, VOBlanker, and Shrink
    Lately (as in the last two movies I tried to copy) Things seem to go fine through DVDFAB and VOB but when I try to open the file I created in VOBblanker in Shrink I run into an error...
    The error is when I choose "open files" and has been on the last two movies I tried ... 8 Below and RV.
    The error I am getting in Shrink is:
    Failed to open "C:\DVDFabDecrypter_Temp\DVDWORK\RVvob\video_ts\video_ts.ifo"
    The system cannont find the file specified.

With this one when I did VOB it said no errors but it did have something about 23PCG out of 24PCG in orange... I'm sorry I don't remember what it specifically said.

I think I may have messed up somthing in my settings.... if you can I would appreciate any help!!

17. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@dustysmom

Are you using the latest from DVDFAB Decrypter 2.9.8.3 or the beta version 2.9.8.5? DVDFAB Decrypter 2.9.8.3 should be able to rip them both (RV and 8 Below) regardless.
    Hmmmm... this looks like the "movie or VIDEO_TS" file that you have DVDFAB Decrypter ripped only. You need to "import or Open Files" from the one you've successfully ran through VobBlanker into DVD Shrink, not the one you ripped with DVDFAB earlier.

** To make it more clear and simple **

*** rip the movie with DVDFAB Decrypter to your hard drive
    *** process the VIDEO_TS.IFO file from DVDFAB through VobBlanker
    *** Open Files or Import the VIDEO_TS file from VobBlanker into DVD Shrink

I'll get "8 Below" and test it tonight, I know it's out for a while but I know for sure it's a Disney movie. So it has the latest protections from Sony.

Let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask. I'll see what I can do to help all right. Good luck and happy burning.

18. dustysmom

dustysmom Guest

Well that is what is weird, I am opening files from vob. when I rip from DVDFAB I label it with just movie title, when I make file for VOB i put VOB after the title and create a sub folder there for Video_ts where I have the files going?!
    Okay well it seems I got the movies to back up just using the files from DVDFab through Shrink, but I have yet to watch them to see if it turned out okay, I will let you know.
    I am running DVDFab 2.9.8.3, which I think is the latest one.
    As a side note my system seems to take quite a bit longer to complete the process...hummm... I don't know.
    Thank You so much for all of your patience and time

19. stevewils

stevewils Guest

no way this thing takes 12 to 15 minutes, mines been running for 45 and still going (silent hill) not even half done. I have the new version downloaded today, not running anydvd or an other in the background. PLEASE HELP, I cant figure out whats wrong...

20. stevewils

stevewils Guest

UPDATE...

Finally got it done perfectly, took almost 2 hours but its done. Just gotta figure out now how to shorten the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.