1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Eurovox TX For MMDS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Nov 6, 2007.

1. blue2006

blue2006 Guest

Hi

What box would work with N*L MMDS in rush with the aerial on the roof? ( not sure if its digital or analogue????? ) thanks

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Analogue only is not possible via mmds and via ntl mmds there are no analogue channels.
    Beside that you need a cable box for ntl mmds as mentioned several times in this thread.

3. blue2006

blue2006 Guest

I had a look at few theads but some of them say that will work only with the right downconvertor and power insertor, dont have a clue of what they are.Does this means that the eurovox 2008 might not work on NTL MMDS if these are wrong? the area is Rush, North dublin
    thanks

4. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

I know for sure that the eurovox Max V works in the malahide area, however before scanning change the symbol rate to 6875,.

5. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Do you think a eurovox 2008 is not a cable box?

6. blue2006

blue2006 Guest

mgb17 Do you think a eurovox 2008 is not a cable box?

My question is if the eurovox max 2008 works with any NTL MMDS or you need to have a particular downconvertor and power insertor.Is the question clear this time or do you want me to ask in another language?

7. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

No signal no picture.
    Is that plain english enough.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2008
  8. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

can I jump in here ?
    who if anyone do you get your tv channels from at the moment ?
    apart from the aerial do you have any of their equipment installed in your home ?
    is the aerial like the one here

9. blue2006

blue2006 Guest

lenny123

Its NTL, and the aerial is like the one in your picture thanks

10. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

you did not mention any other equipment that ntl may have installed at your home so I'm assuming there's none.
    based on your information the eurovox Max V should work, ntl don't use the dvb-t system on their MMDS network so the BOX-T or eurovox TX will not work, ntl use the dvb-c standard on their MMDS system which is what the max is for,...a few more questions..
    did you connect the cable from the antenna directly into the TV ? do you get any channels ? before ntl & chorus joined & became UPC who did you get your tv bill from ? do any of your neighbours have digital tv through an antenna like yours ? if so what indoor equipment have they got & what name is on the box NTL ? Chorus ? or both

11. blue2006

blue2006 Guest

Sorry It took a while, but I am helping a friend of mine.. Just talked to him again, and the cable comes from the aerial like the one on the picture and goes to a black transformer.From there goes to the decoder.The decoder has NTL on it, also DC221KN PACE.
    It moved there three years ago.I have one eurovox box myself ( chorus cable ) and I was going to try it there, but the child dropped on the floor and it isn't working........

12. blue2006

blue2006 Guest

also no channels are available when connectng the cable to the tv without the decoder...

13. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

Right so, you have a cable box DVB-c, the max will work but you will need one of these here
    ,..it might look different to your neighbours but it does the same job, is the eurovox lifeless or are you getting some lights when you power on ?

14. blue2006

blue2006 Guest

it is lifeless, a friend of mine is an eletrician, it will have a look next week.... thanks a lot for your help!!

15. bcashion

bcashion Regular member

Hi All,
    Looking to buy a eurovox TX and an MMDS aerial for my folks who live in
    ashbourne Co Meath.
    I decided to wait a while and let the dust settle on these TX boxes.
    Do they work on Chorus MMDS (analogue) using the MMDS aerial with the downconverter and power supply and could someone recommend one?
    I don't want to go wasting money if this won't work.
    Is the eurvox tx the best option box wise?
    thanks
    B

16. barm

barm Regular member

A few people i know have the TX and say they work fine.

17. DecMcC

DecMcC Member

does anyone know the frequencies for ch@rus MMDS. have a eurovox tx in the dundalk area and am only gettin around 40 channels. have tried re-scanning.

18. che27

che27 Member

Do a factory reset,it will wipe all channels.Then do a scan,that should do it

19. iano47

iano47 Member

hi i bought one of these eurovox tx mmds boxes i cant get it working i tried it on chorus in swords but no joy.whats the deal with them

20. iano47

iano47 Member

have eurovox tx mmds but cant get workin in swords any ideas.