1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Eurovox TX For MMDS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Nov 6, 2007.

1. hillman40

hillman40 Member

Swords is true cable so you need eorovox c for that area rather than tx

2. Honestt

Honestt Member

Guys,
    excuse my ignorance but I have a few questions. Having read most of the forum I realise that my area (Drogheda) is Ch***s MMDS and I need the Eurovox tx. Is the easiest way for me to use the tx in it's full glory, to get the base Ch***s base package and then replace their box with the tx

Any suggestions welcome

Paul

3. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

Correct, that the easiest way to do it

4. iano47

iano47 Member

anybody looking for a eurovox tx i have 1 and want to get rid of it i bought it thinking it wud work on chorus in swords.i might just put it on ebay

5. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

you may find ebay won't allow your item, I have some TX bought by mistake & tried to put them on ebay.ie but they contacted me & said because of complaints from the CC in Ireland they could not allow these items, but you could try !!

6. hillman40

hillman40 Member

don't know who you bought your TX from but they may be prepared to swap it for a eurovox c if you pay the shipping?

7. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

I would look at the set up again before you part with it, as Swords isnt all C box's either, there are people out there using MMDS, but the T Variant, so I would do the set up again to make sure its not just your set up that wrong

8. iano47

iano47 Member

i've tried a few different things,there's a box on the wall like the standard ntl box then a wire from that into another seperate box without this box is there wouldn't be any channels i've tried main wire from wall and the loopin from chorus box it just comes up no channels found.tried starview 2 box it worked for 1 day and went off.reset everything and only 1 channel came in. and that was kerrang the music channel

9. colm1972

colm1972 Guest

Hi guys,
    I'm new to this area of tv and am looking for some info if anyone can help me. I live in Galway east, C****S MMDS cover my area and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what equipment. I have been reading through the treads and form what I understand I need a eurovox TX and a square antena, Im I right so far? If I am what els do I need and where is the best place to get them? All advice is welcome.

10. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Galway is ex NTL and that means ntl mmds.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  11. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

There is simply no chorus mmds transmitter in the Dublin region.
    You can get in Swords either chorus true cable or ntl mmds.
    Ntl mmds means cable box.

12. colm1972

colm1972 Guest

my neigbours next door have a square mesh dish, is this not C****S mmds? or is it as you said N*L mmds. I just thought form reading through the treads that these aerials were only for C****S. Also I have found a uk company that sell these aerials (AM-G18 - 18dB Gain) with a downconverter. Is this the correct aerial if it is a C****S mmds area, also is there anyother equipment I need that I have left out. Forgot to mention I'm in ballinasloe if that makes any differance. :)

13. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

14. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Do you think ntl didn't use aerials for their mmds.
    Upc didn't change anything at the broadcasting methods.

15. badgey

badgey Member

hi everyone
    have been looking up this eurovox tx stuff..pretty interesting.Anyway I would like to try it out down the country in Clare. Unfortunately I dont know much about this stuff, maybe someone can tell me the model antenna I would need and where I can get it, I know its the mesh one, i see some posts about down convertor or something but it means nothing to me..
    If I had such an antenna and purchased a eurovox is that it ? or what are the exact steps involved in getting lots of channels working?
    thanks..

16. Ballboy

Ballboy Member

I recently got my tx box and it arrived without the latest code. I have 071123 bin file and tx stb loader but when I try to download to the box it is stuck on 0%. The connections to the box seem fine. The problem appears to be that the box isn't recognised by the pc and I have tried going through 'adding new hardware' but there is I can't see anything that is box related. I may be completely off the mark so I would appreciate a steer ie idiot guide. Cheers.

17. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Go through the 4 ports,one of them should work.

18. Ballboy

Ballboy Member

Did that and port 3 was picked up as having a connection. Do you have to run software that allows PC to recognise the box similar to when you say use a printer or memory stick for the first time ?

19. harpojj

harpojj Member

I have the select pack with Chorus MMDS in Duleek, Meath.
    The Sagem box only has 84 channels of which 51 is viewable.
    If I get a Eurovox TX will this only decrypt the other 33 chanels to make it 84 channels? Is this a region/location from transmitter thing or a bandwidth thing?

If its wanted I'll list the channels in a further post if its wanted.

20. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

I assume you have an antenna on the roof & as well as your sagem box do you also have a power supply unit which has the cable from the antenna connected to it & then passing on to the sagem box ? if so you just swap the sagem for the TX & bingo you'll get all the channels.