1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Eurovox TX For MMDS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Nov 6, 2007.

1. harpojj

harpojj Member

Yes it's a ligitimate Chorus Installation with Multiroom. Will I get just the 84 channels or will the EuroVox Tx scan even more channels?

Thanks for the Help

2. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

a family member in Dunshaughlin was getting 84 tv + radio on his TX for a few months & over the weekend he did another scan & it picked up even more channels, around 100 tv but some areas might be different, however the TX will pick all available channels in your area whatever the amount is, did chorus give you more than 1 sagem box for your multi room setup ?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  3. BenE123

BenE123 Member

4. BenE123

BenE123 Member

mochara, Just saw your post and I'm hoping you can help me. I have just bought the Eurovox TX and I am seeing the same symptoms as you on initial power up. No response from the remote or anything. Did you get any resolution for this issue??

5. BenE123

BenE123 Member

mochara, Just saw your post and I'm hoping you can help me. I have just bought the Eurovox TX and I am seeing the same symptoms as you on initial power up. No response from the remote or anything. Did you get any resolution for this issue??

6. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

that a channel dump file, they don't seem to work as channel dumps do on the eurovox max & other cable boxes & are problematic, your better off doing a new scan yourself after you do a factory reset or what ever it called ? also check you have the proper firmware on the box,..it should be dated 23/11/07

7. Milner2k

Milner2k Member

I've read this thread a couple of times now, and the Yagi aerial on satandcable 54.99 (inc downconverter) seems to tbe the one to go for and works with the euro-tx boxes.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/504030

enjoy...

8. harpojj

harpojj Member

I've moved my channels into an order that the missus likes. I didn't put them into categories yet. If I do an Auto Scan will this find all the same channels and re sort them as in Frequency order? If I do a manual scan will it just add any channels that are not already present?
    Finally, does anyone know if the amount of channels that the scan finds is dependant on locality from transmitter or is it to do with bandwidth, (I have 87 channels but know of people in different area in same county that can scan 100 tv channels)?

9. satteck

satteck Member

just setup a tx loaded with 23/11/07 software .done autoscan and got 58 channels .thing is im only getting signal on channels 5 to 14 notting on ch 21 to 69 . is this right.
    also signal strength is around 85% which is not strong in rain [picture freezing ] im in carlow area pointed at glencoum in graiguanamanagh .

10. BenE123

BenE123 Member

11. kaizerII

kaizerII Member

Hi Folks

I am newbie with those box, I bought an Eurovox TX and has been fine for about 1 month I have a few channels working fine. But since 3 days ago the box start to lose signal and say "Updating data ...." and stay like this for about 5-10 minutes and then get's back. I have Ch***s MMDS aerial down in Kildare area. Any idea ? Thx folks

12. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

Ch**us have been changing the codes in an effort to render the boxes useless, the eurovox TX is one of the boxes that can update it's self & this can take a few mins, it's normal so just let it update when this happens, don't switch off.

13. kaizerII

kaizerII Member

thanks for your reply lenny123 much appreciate, do you guys know if I need to do any software upgrade on this box ?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  14. harpojj

harpojj Member

I've noticed that the updates are taking a lot longer now. I've just left the box alone (updating) and switched the tv to an analogue channel and gone back every now and again and the box is still updating (or it got code and then code changed quickly again). When I go back to the box if I turn the box off and then back on it comes up and says updating. But then it only takes 5 mins to update. I,v edone this three times now and not sure if it helps or if it just coincidence. I've also heared through the grapevine that if the update is always slow, that if you reload the boxed code it will update at the normal quicker times again. I'd take that with a pinch of salt thoough.

On a side note does everyones epg only show the next 2 hrs of progs. Also if you use epg, select a station and then exit to watch that channel at 14.00. the next time you press epg it shows the progs at 14.00, even if its now 19.00. If you press right arrow key to get to proper time and then go down the channels the next page goes back to 14.00 progs again. I think powering off and on again brings the epg back to the correct prog time again.

Is there an EPG update in code anyone?

15. kaizerII

kaizerII Member

hi harpoii

I've been through the exactly same symptoms u just reported, in my case this started about 3 - 4 days ago.

16. harpojj

harpojj Member

I'm using the 23_11_07 code. Has there been a more recent code yet?

17. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

hello again harpojj good to hear your TX is working, the epg issue is the same what ever box you use on the Ch**us MMDS system, you'll only get a few hours ahead, the 23_11_07 firmware is the latest version, I can confirm that powering off/on the TX does seem to speed up the updating process but I recommend leaving it off for at least 10sec's as powering off/on too quickly can blow the psu, this can happen with any electronic item.
    Here's a tip for TX users here in Ireland,...if you connect a cheap set of rabbits ears (set top antenna) & do a scan you can pick up the free (FTA) digital channels RTE are testing at the moment, all the Irish channels are clear but the others will be encrypted using the conax system so the box can't un-scramble them, the TX is designed to un-scramble the nagravision system only but looking ahead to when the Irish (freeview) digital service goes live you won't need to buy another box.

18. BenE123

BenE123 Member

The solution to The Eurovox TX problem (boot, F_00, UA_C, CHd )issue can be be found on Eamos FTA library.

http://eko.4shared.com/

This problem seems to be caused by a bad flash ( It was on my Eurovox TX box my box when I got it day one)

To resolve go to Eamos FTA Library (link above) and download EV_TX_CHLD_FIX_rev03.zip. Unzip and flash your TX box. (Helpful txt files here also)This will resolve the issue and then flash the box with EVX_TX_H_071123.bin and its ROCK & ROLL.

Thanks again to everyone on Afterdawn who posted a reply. Eamos "you d man"

19. vardrus

vardrus Regular member

Interesting. I presume that is only in dublin?

20. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

anywhere ! people all over ireland can pick them up, check out here