1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Eurovox TX For MMDS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Nov 6, 2007.

1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

As we discussed yesterday the N** MMDS bruteforce scan should pick up all home frequencies either way. There are different home frequencies for different areas of N** MMDS. mgb can tell you the start rates of each area but they are already contained in the cable.xml.

As said Blade Quad with the setmylocations edited to the corresponding Net ID works fine for Ireland or you can use mgb's cable.xml, delete scan config and pull the plug or even your own fixed one.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  2. kmuldow

kmuldow Member

connecting two boxes, one original and one eurovox.
    I am on chorus mmds, i want to connect two boxes. The aerial comes into my attic currently and straight to the sitting room to the box. the power supply for the aerial is in the sitting room. can i spilt the cable in the attic and take a feed to the bedroom? or does it have to be after the aerial power where it is split. I hope not or it may now be possibe for me to do it.

thanks

3. norrisp90

norrisp90 Member

Hi, I got a Eurovox TX to use with Ch*rus MMDS digital yesterday. It came preloaded with a firmware and when I connected it up everything worked perfectly until I went to it today.

When the box is powered on the screen says "boot" for a few seconds followed by "02" flashing for a second and then it goes blank, no picture is displayed either.
    I tried loading the 23-11-07 firmware and it appeared to load correctly but didn't fix the problem.

Does anyone know how I could fix this or is the box faulty?

Thanks.

4. norrisp90

norrisp90 Member

I have two boxes and the feed from the antenna is split in two in the attic before going to the boxes. At ONE of the boxes the antenna cable is connected to the antenna power supply before going into the box. The power to the antenna passes back up through the splitter to the antenna. This set-up should work for you also.

5. kmuldow

kmuldow Member

thanks Norrisp.
    I tried spit it in the attic and it didnt work for some reason. it came up with no signal. I will have to give it another try...

6. norrisp90

norrisp90 Member

What kind of splitter did you use? The simple white plastic Y types may not work as the type normally used is the rectangular metal type with screw on F connectors. Don't know if that makes a difference but maybe.

7. kmuldow

kmuldow Member

I used the metal spitter with the screw in connections. I orginally thought it must be that the power for the aerial did not pass back up through the splitter.
    I'll have to give it another try..
    thx

8. kmuldow

kmuldow Member

Hi, I tried this again and it did not work.
    Where do you have your aerial power. is is down one leg of the splitter?
    also where did you get your splitter? does it have a power pass on it that allows power to pass back up? maybe this is the issue with mine as when i put the splitter in the place of the stright connecter i get zero signal.
    thx

9. harpojj

harpojj Member

I'm not in the know or anything but I think that the splitters that the installers use only pass the power up one side. So feed cable from aerial to single port on splitter and then put the power on say the left port and if that doesn't work try it on the right one. Worth a try. Also make sure that both boxes work wthout the splitter and that you didn't mess one up with the power pass if it went up to the splitted box??
    Hope I'm not making an idiot of myself!

10. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Only splitters for satellite have an power pass.
    You should use one with full frequency support 50 to 2100mhz.
    Beside that you should use an dc blocker at the leg for the other box or you risk the tuner.

A other possibility would be to move the power inserter to the attic if there is a power socket and split the cable behind the power inserter.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  11. NTLMMDS

NTLMMDS Member

Hi Guys,

I got an MMDS install from N*L/UPC with receiver on roof. I live in Swords, Dublin North. I tried a friends - “THE BOX” but no joy. Does anybody know what will work for me so that i can get all those extra channels!!!

Thanks in advance

12. kmuldow

kmuldow Member

Hi,
    I think you need the "The Box T" or eurovox TX. The regular the box will not work with MMDS.

13. kmuldow

kmuldow Member

thanks MGB17. I'll give the sat splitter a try. the one i had was for cable, 5-1000Mhz. I'll try the other one with a DC block on the other leg.

thx

14. davela

davela Member

Hi Guys,
    I live in Sligo with analogue mmds chorus.
    Don't suppose you know if the eurovox tx will work for me.

Cheers guys

15. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

call CH**us & confirm that digital is available in your area if so the TX will work,...BUT you will need an indoor signal converter,..do you have one of these,...CH**us provide one with their digibox installations.

16. Takagi

Takagi Regular member

So Far as I know all MM*s is analogue and will be at least for a couple of years yet - the b0x-T or the Euro TX will both work but you will need an Antenna and Booster for the reciever.
    I suggest you get the basic and then add a box to your set up.
    or if you know someone not using their Booster as this is critical...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  17. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

totally incorrect,..MMDS has nothing to do with analogue or digital tv, MMDS is only the means by which way the signal is transmitted be it analogue or digital, MMDS can handle both quite happily,..you should edit your post.

18. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Right and a mmds aerial is not working without a power inserter independently if there is a subscription for analogue or digital ch*rus mmds.

19. canuck99

canuck99 Member

Hey Guys, got the Eurovox (Black) and am trying to connect in Navan (Chorus)-when i try user install and then upload channels 'no transponder to scan' pops up . . . any suggestions about what to do/problems? as well, what frequency is needed for chorus in navan? Any suggestions appreciated!

20. davela

davela Member

thanx for your reply lenny. do you know where I might get such a converter? I presume its an analogue to digital converter. Don't know much about them though...Your help is appreciated. Cheers lenny