1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Eurovox TX For MMDS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Nov 6, 2007.

1. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

no it's a signal converter, the freq's coming directly from the antenna are way to high for the box to cope with, this gizmo drops the freq band down to a suitable level for the digibox,..the one that CH**us install to their customers also supply's power to their digibox but as we know the pirate boxes have their own power lead attached, see HERE

2. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The black box which you call gismo is the power inserter which feed the aerial with electrical power.
    The downconverter is built in into the feedarm at newer aerials and placed behind the aerial at stone old installations.
    The old jerold box for analogue is a other story.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  3. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

(Eurovox TX) anyone got a channel & freq list for C***us MMDS in the west Meath (kinnegad) area ?,....also does anybody else get temporary loss of channels on 266mhz (bbc1,bbc2,utv,C4) in this or other MMDS areas ?,.. this setup worked 100% for over 6mths but lately I have this channel loss problem,..,..when these channels go the signal level drops to 0 % (no signal) & then slowly builds up again to around 80% this slow build up can take 30mins to almost a full day.

4. harpojj

harpojj Member

I'm out in Meath (East) an dlast week the whole signal went for at least half the day. The night before we noticed certain channels were not coming in on the Official box (Linving) but were ok on E r v xTX. Since the signal cam eback certain channels are only shwing as 60 odd % where they wer late 70s previously. I thought the latter was just due to the shitty rain weather?

5. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

might be the weather alright, might be my outside cable letting in some moisture which dries out hence the loss & return of the signal,...I'll get the ladder out .

6. iano47

iano47 Member

hi i have a eurovox tx mmds i tried it in a friends house who has mmds.i couldn't get it working tried it a few times and had no joy. my friend said two days later his normal channels went.said it came up on screen you are not subscribed to these channels.rte 1,2 and basic channels.he rang to find out and they sent some one out.the bloke told him his reciever box was tampered with.he told them it wasn't.is there any way they found out he tried the eurovox or some box in the house.can they tell if you have 1,thanks

7. dmitchy

dmitchy Member

hows a going just wondering would it be possible to pickup an mmds signal in clondalkin in dublin i live in an apartment and you cant get ntl or put a sky dish up, one fella two floors above me has a mmds mesh dish up but what transmiter is he pointing at

8. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The Naul or a local beambender and its N'l mmds not ch*rus mmds.

9. dmitchy

dmitchy Member

thanks mgb17 would i be able to pick up the signal from the naul transmitter or if not how would i find out where the nearest beambender is.
    sorry one more thing how muck play is there when installin an mmds aerial would would 10 or 20mm make a big differance in the signal

10. Milner2k

Milner2k Member

some of the yagi aerials mention in other mmds threads have a range of 15miles (as the crow flies), so its a case of distance and any major obstructions in your way.
    If you look at your neigbours aerial (or others around) if the have a rectangular bar on the top of the downconverter, I believe if thats horizontal its pointing towards a main broadcast tower and if its vertical its pointing to a beambender.
    There is a thread in the "pvr" section on "mmds for begnineers" with lots of good info.

11. murphyai

murphyai Guest

Hi all.
    I've chorus mmds with a aerial on the roof.

I'm trying to connect a second tv through the output of the chorus decoder box.
    however, when i connect it using a f lead with a coaxial connector i only get bbc2, mtv and tv3.
    the rest of the channels have interference.

any ideas on how to get the rest of the channels?

12. MistyMay

MistyMay Member

Hi Folks,
    I'm in the Cashel area in Tipperary. I have Ch**us MMDS, I am about to buy the Eurovox TX as I believe this is the box I need. It is fully loaded with the correct firmware and ready to go.
    I'm totally new to this game.
    Anyone got any advice or tips for me before I take the plunge?
    /M

13. nogihno

nogihno Member

hi all,

apologies for the simplicity but this is wrecking my head.

i have flashed my new eurovox tx but i am having trouble with the whole connection. i hvae a chorus box with one of those black boxes with antenna / tv on them.

i cannot get the physical connections correct and i am getting 0 channels returned as a result.

anyone got an idea where i am going wrong? do i need to connecte the tx to the chorus box to the wall?

im a bit of a computer whizz but cannot connect the wires!

14. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Connect from the powerinsertor, (little black box), to TX then to TV.

15. nogihno

nogihno Member

apologies for the multipost but will it not work direct from tx to the wall?

the black box has screw ends with a much slimmer aerial which doesnt connect to the tx. is ther an adapter needed?

16. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The black box is the power inserter. The aerial specially the builtin downconverter is not working without electrial power from the power inserter.

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

[​IMG]

F Plug adapter. Online for a quid or a couple of quid at the likes of Maplins, B&Q, etc.

18. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

think this is what you need nog, F plug/coaxial plug gender changer, and here's a link with compliments to HiTeck http://beststuff.co.uk/coaxial_accessories.htm or just check out a local electrical accessories store.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  19. axxxo

axxxo Regular member

sorry scouse, got away from the comp for a few mins half way through posting!

20. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

LOL no problem axx ;) Friday evening hitting the pub catch you later.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008