1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Eurovox TX For MMDS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Nov 6, 2007.

1. KEVINq001

KEVINq001 Member

It looks like dooms day for ireland tomorrow was told today that all boxes were going to be shut down again for christmas, i hope its not true otherwise its going to be tough without tv guys.

2. malci

malci Guest

Behave yourself, if they could do that they would do it immediately, to many doom merchants, it's starting to get like Dads Army, so we are not doomed. If they roll they roll, if you have updated your box then it will roll with the winning lines okay.

3. SRFC08

SRFC08 Member

Hi guys, my apologies in advance for the stupid question but can't seem to find an answer in the threads. I have chorus analogue in Sligo we still can't get upgraded to digital keep telling us it's coming but still hasn't. So what we have is a black analogue box and we pay extra for the sports channels. Is there any box I can get so I can get these channels for free or do I have to just wait until they upgrade to digital? Thanks. Also another friend of mine that lives in Sligo has Chorus. Hey has a cable feed going direct into his tv there is no box. Is that just analogue as well?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2008
  4. jojog

jojog Member

Hi,im looking to fix the eurovox max v 08 ive tryed flashing it but dnt seem to find the box keeps on telling me which COM port any ideas??? tnx lads

5. SRFC08

SRFC08 Member

Hi jogjog. I had same problem before. It was because I had the wrong cable. I had the RS232 9-Pin cable which looks exactly the same as the null modem cable. Can get it in Maplin code no: L71BT. See this thread detailing the info: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/653745

6. hogie2008

hogie2008 Member

i have a eurovox TX and i put new firmware on it, connected it back up , powered on and it is frozen on channel 02, remote wont work and cant get any channels now. I tried to power on /off a few times but its still jammed/frozen. What has happened and how can i fix?? Thanks for help in advance.

7. joebass

joebass Member

Just flashed a tx for a friend and the same thing tryed to put old firmwear back on and still the same !

8. darst

darst Regular member

just flashed the tx with the fix but when i checked system info the old firmware was still there. should that change?

9. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

I haven't got a TX neither have I done any but the Max V S/W Ver still remains at 18 04 08 after flashing, also the blue EV actually goes back to 2007.

if it's auto updating then it's fine.
    All the best for 2009!! ;)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  10. darst

darst Regular member

time will tell i suppose. thanks for looking and have a good one

11. johnno197

johnno197 Member

Have many people downloaded and installed the software fix and is it running ok?

12. dtrapper

dtrapper Member

ya johnno197 its fine!

13. johnno197

johnno197 Member

Good, will give it a bash Tomorrow I think.

14. jojog

jojog Member

yes ive tried the nullmodem cable but im not sure if it is the usb lead ive not installed the proper sftware for the usb but this should not be the prob the euro box v 08 dnt read says it waiting to receive,anyone?

15. che27

che27 Member

Im having the same problem Jogjog,im using a Usb connected to the null cable.I have problems finding port and I get"waiting for reciever"..Ive had no problem flashing the Tx..Are you using Vista?I think thats my problem,so gona try with laptop using XP.Best of luck!

16. erukus

erukus Member

Ok I need some help please I have flashed my eurovox tx mmds box with the latest firmware it said downloading then the numbers on the box started to increase up to 96 then it said please wait for writing. Then it said download complete. so i unplugged the box and set it up again on to the tv i did a scan and it found nothing no signal/ no channels i scrolled down to system info and it said the tv-evx-07 or something similar basically it hadnt changed. Now do i keep trying this over and over or i was think of trying to flash with the earlier firmware i.e. before the latest fix came out does anyone have a link to this or any advice please?

17. erukus

erukus Member

18. che27

che27 Member

Try doing a factory reset,then do a scan again.With antenna on.Try dat mate

19. erukus

erukus Member

have tried that still no good

20. erukus

erukus Member

ok took my box to another house just to make sure it was box and not aerial setup and it found channels there relief so i came home and changed the coax going from the aerial to the power supply and hey presto im up and running its hard to say if the new firmware for the eurovox is effective as i had already manually done you know what.