1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Eurovox TX For MMDS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Nov 6, 2007.

1. RedBalls

RedBalls Member

choru$ mmd$ working fine. Looks like I have all channels - for now!

2. LeoXevion

LeoXevion Member

Redballs, when i click on yeswecan's post all that comes up is a page asking me for a user name and password for a differnt forum to afterdawn. Do I need to register with this site as well. I'm looking to get my Eurovox Tx mmds back working again.
    Cheers:)

3. darst

darst Regular member

click on the bottom link under the flag the one for eko and the firmware from december is in there

4. LeoXevion

LeoXevion Member

Thanks for the quick reply,

I'm not too clever but heres what i tried
    1. I clicked the eko link below the flag
    2. I clicked the eurovox folder
    3. I clicked on Eurovox mmds tx (as that is the model i have)
    4. I clicked on december 08 fix
    5. I clicked on the download file eurovox_tx_22122008.bin.bin

I presume i need to connect the pc to the eurovox box. What cable do i need? there is a rs-232c port on the back of the eurovox and a similar port on the pc. is that the way? I assume i need to be online during the fix or can i save the download and use it when i'm offline?

5. darst

darst Regular member

you can download and save the file so you don't need to be online when you are updating. they are the correct ports but the cable you need is a null modem cable, it looks the same as the r-232 cable

6. LeoXevion

LeoXevion Member

Where can i get the cable?
    I tried to save the file but when i click on the thumbnail it says 'windows cannot find a program to open this file' so I dont know what I'm doing wrong. I found a page in the eurovox manual regarding how to download software via the rs-232 cable so when i get the cable i will give it a go.

7. darst

darst Regular member

you have a pm

8. LeoXevion

LeoXevion Member

Thanks Darst!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  9. piopat

piopat Active member

hi leoxivion you first need to download firmware and a firmware loader(i would say there on this site)but a null modem cable wont do as(the 9 pin socket on your pc is for playing games not for boxes)the socket on your pc is for the above(in olden days this rs32 would work,but no more)now you need a null modem,plus a usb to serial adaptor(that is an modern day usb adaptor,on one end a null modem(9 pin conection on the other end, and then join your null modem cabel to this.your usb end in your pc ,and null modem end in your box.then open your loader, browse for the firmware on your pc and download.now your box should be flashed.(beware if on ntl,you will allready be losing channels,due to the change over from nagra2 to nagra3)ireland only(uk who knows)but if on ntl there is no fix(no matter who you ask or no matter what site.be patient who knows.(they may get a fix in time and your box may not work/or have to be changed/or no fix will ever be found)but right now no one knows,thanks to all at afterdawn and all those we will never know(behind the scenes,the people who found the fixes so many times,we love you all.hope to hear from you soon.thanks.piopat.

10. pssnger57

pssnger57 Guest

hi lads,quick question,im on n*l ashbourne and dont require any aerial for digital tv [have been using a eurovox slim]....but there are a lot of the mesh type aerials on houses around the area,..if i buy an aerial and eurovox tx or similar and set it up is there a chance i will get all the channels back up and running,and if so how long should it last,thanks for any help or input in advance..keep up the good work...

11. jvob

jvob Regular member

hi there.if your provider(via aireal) is ntl,apparantly your doomed.however if its chorus youll get some time out of it,possibly many months.nobody knows how long.

12. RedBalls

RedBalls Member

I wouldn't go buying any box just yet let alone purchase a dish. Our channels could easily go tomorrow, but we do not know unfortunately.

I think lidl are doing the free to air satellite dish and decoders next month. They're usually just over the €200 mark. But you will get the german channels and espn I think which have righst to show live premier league matches. Unless you understand german you'll need to tune to the radio to get commentary

13. darst

darst Regular member

some of the files need winrar to open them ....i think

14. mike31488

mike31488 Member

the emu is alway on on the tx

15. mark_eire

mark_eire Member

Anybody having problems with their EVTX east meath area?? some channels seem to have been scrambled hope this isn't the begining of the end for these boxes!

16. gregmis

gregmis Member

Yes, I am having problems in the Mornington area...not sure its the beginning of the end though...could be something else...you will see on the Eurovox that Signal levels on channel that are not available are less that 80...could be the weather ?

17. mark_eire

mark_eire Member

Hopefully that's all it is head is wrecked already had a feeling they'd do something this weekend, shower of B******s i dont think they relise that everybody will jump ship to S*y when the eventually upgrade the current version of nagravision.

18. RedBalls

RedBalls Member

Hi all! The new season is nigh and and I think this lot are starting to play around with blocking some channels. A couple of the movie channels plus one sports channel went on me tonight. The same happened last week but a rescan got them back including a few other channels I lost in April/May. Im not worried at the moment as there is feck all on and I'm not going to do another rescan until ESPN is launched on August 3rd.

Anyone else with Choru$ MMDS experiencing the same?

I'm sure this thread will kick off again in the next few weeks!

19. mark_eire

mark_eire Member

Yep had the same issue all last week so a rescan will definately bring the stations back?

20. slanepaul

slanepaul Member

Hi red balls yes same happened to me, im not sure exactly how to do a rescan, so any help would be appreciated.