1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Eurovox TX For MMDS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Nov 6, 2007.

1. gregmis

gregmis Member

Hit Setup on your Remote, the Installation, Then Automatic Scan...

2. bennycon

bennycon Member

hey folks is it just me or has there been a roll.

3. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

bennycon shouldnt matter, if you have correct firmware installed this shouldnt be a problem.........

4. RedBalls

RedBalls Member

bennycon I'm sure you have sorted this already with a rescan.

I'm more then happy with my EV TX, but I'm gonna throw this out there for discussion. It looks like Nagra 3 has been cracked on NTHell in Dublin, two of my brothers picked up a box for around €100. HD too and the picture is savage. Apparantly they have one of the sports HD channels too. Does anyone know if there is an upgrade coming out for the EV TX, or would you think that they won't bother with this until Nagra 3 is rolled out on the MMDS freq, and the EV TX we have becomes useless? Although it looks like Choru$ are having some issues doing this :)

5. reswob

reswob Regular member

nthell currently running on nag2 and nag3 only[unless something happend that im not aware of???]

6. RedBalls

RedBalls Member

reswob, I believe a box called kryptview got all the channels back in Dublin (on NThell cable) I think on the old starview box some channels are still accessible but all the good ones are gone...so I take it that this means that Nthell are still running on Nag2 & 3

Anyways, how our neighbours in Dublin are getting on is none of our concern, I just did a rescan and there's no ESPN. I've checked the websites and there is no mention of Choru$ or nthell hosting ESPN in Ireland. Hopefully it will come out in future. Still, we have enough channels to keep us entertained once the season kicks off on Saturday week! GO ON THE POOL! ;)

7. hillman40

hillman40 Member

8. wikapee

wikapee Member

Hello everyone, back again! It's been a while thank f**k. I've lost a few channels and have been looking over some of the threads and see that there is a lot of shit going down. Im on c*****s mmds with a eurovox tx and what i want to know is...Are there going to be problems with this in the near future and if so which box can i get to bypass these problems? Thanks

9. RedBalls

RedBalls Member

wikapee....I wouldn't go buy a box just yet, that's if there is a new one out there for mmds......anyway, yes we have been losing channels over the summer and there was worry that we will not get them back before the league starts. However, a simple rescan will get all of your channels back, plus more....it looks like espn UK, espn america, and eurosport2 are on the vacant spots freed up by the 3 setanta channels. So we have all of the sports and full coverage of football for the new season :))))

as for your other question, well it's a concern we all have. Regardless if you stay with your current TX or upgrade you will always have outages as long as ch*ru$ or nthell try to block or scramble the signals. Just keep in mind, it will happen, it's only a matter of when, and we'll deal with it when the time comes.

Hell...we could be all geared up for the season kick off tomorrow afternoon, and ch*rus could just be waiting for the Chelski kickoff at 12.30 before pulling the plug on us!!! we'll wait and see if they have a trick up their sleeves, but we all know that the creators of our TX devices and our code hackers will have plenty of more tricks up their sleeves to help us :)

for now, we have the channels. Bring on the new league and go on the POOL!!!

10. nogihno

nogihno Member

All my channels are gone this morning and nothing is coming up when I do a rescan? anyone with a Eurovox TX that is working?

11. johnno197

johnno197 Member

Mine is o.k. but a friend told me this afternoon that his was gone.

12. McSpud

McSpud Member

Well, I'm on Ch0rvs in the Sth Tipp area an mine is gone, I've been using a Eurovox TX. I think it looks like game over for me, no amount or rescans is bringing them back.... :(

13. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

i have box-t in kerry (same principal)working fine
    worrying times ahead i think.
    where abouts are you?

14. vin1974

vin1974 Member

I am in dunshaughlin area i used to have eurovox tx on mmds but it went down on me a couple of weeks ago. By searching a few threads i came across someone saying ntl mmds was using dvbc instead of dvbt so i got a eurovox ex1000 sl and wala i'm back with all channells. Happy days for a while anyway

15. glic83

glic83 Regular member

ntl mmds has always been dvb-c chorus mmds has always been dvb-t but in area's that over lap they are changing all boxes to ntl mmds so you would need a dvb-c box

16. vin1974

vin1974 Member

I changed my box from a DVBt to DVBc and it worked pervfect. But just to clarify i did try the super usb and it did'nt work i had to get a eurovox ex 1000 sl and it worked

17. pudzyryan

pudzyryan Regular member

guys i have eurovox tx in my kids room, working A1, can ye guys check the keys. if one area is hit on mmds we all should have been. im told we have few months to go yet. so just double check keys.

18. glic83

glic83 Regular member

the reason the box super usb probably didnt work is because they were waiting for new firmware to be released as it didnt have the n2 fix at the time but its all the 1 now as all the main channels on ntl are gone to n3 looks like the end is near for people on ntl

19. jackoooh

jackoooh Regular member

ive seen in another thread that chorus was down in kerry this morning
    but all has been restored since

20. harpojj

harpojj Member

According to the Wife it wasn't working during most of that day. She also said that the real XhorXs box was also down. I put it down to the weather as there have been a few momentary outages lately. I am now assuming that they were doing upgrade work on the system.

I live in Duleek area of Meath. I have had to do a rescan a couple of times recently.