1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Eurovox TX For MMDS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Nov 6, 2007.

1. pssnger57

pssnger57 Guest

if i put in a eurovox slim will i be back ok......... in ashborne n*l
    mmds....previously using kryptview channels have started going missing on it...

2. glic83

glic83 Regular member

your not going to get back the sports or movies if ur on ntl of any kind im afraid

3. johnno197

johnno197 Member

Anyone experiencing problems with ESPN Today? It appears as though its been scrambled in some way, picture is there but broken up.

4. c9726306

c9726306 Member

Yep, I'm having the same issue in Kerry with ESPN.

5. johnno197

johnno197 Member

I'm in Kerry too, is it just us, or is any other part of the country affected?

6. hillman40

hillman40 Member

I'm in Sligo and all channels are fine but some of the movie channels went down last weekend and came back

7. johnno197

johnno197 Member

Every channel coming in on 378.000MHz seems to have the same scrambled effect. ESPN, ESPN America, BBC3, BBC4, BBC News 24. Receiving the channel but the picture is all distorted, like a brick effect going on. Anyone know whats happening? Can they scramble individual frequencies?

8. vin1974

vin1974 Member

Does anyone know if Chorus MMDS in Trim have switched to DVBC yet or is it still DVBt

9. c9726306

c9726306 Member

Seems to have sorted itself out today. ESPN is back.

10. bennycon

bennycon Member

Folks any advice please, I have two EuroVox TX and problems with both.
    One wont scan past 330mhz and the other the remote will not work on. Every time I switch it off and on the remote stops after about 1 minute.
    Any ideas on either of these.

11. glic83

glic83 Regular member

try reflashing with the latest firmware and fixes and you could also try a manual serch

12. RedBalls

RedBalls Member

Yes, definetly try a reflash. This happened to me a few weeks back. Once reflashed the scan worked fine. Make note of all the codes before a flash or factory reset in case you don't have them.

Another thing, it's probably just my box alone, but it had become a bit tempermental of late, ie it boots by itself. I left the box in standby mode whenever I was not using it and did not unplug it. This went on for a number of weeks...next of all the the box went haywire, freezing and booting itself! Left the box unplugged for about 20 seconds, plugged it back in and it has been fine ever since. I have gotten into the habbit of unplugging the box before whenever I finished with it.

Looks like we survived the chop boyz and girlz! Word has it that the people who have come in to Choru$/NTHell to render all of the 'dodgy' boxes useless have headed back to the England to hit the market over there. But they did get their main target in Ireland and that's the cable users in Dublin. That's most of Choru$ NTHell custom sorted. I've been advising friends to move to Navan!!!
    It's all good for now :)

Rafter

13. bennycon

bennycon Member

Sorry for the dumb q here, I have the 23/11/07 bios installed which is the most up to date as far as I can see.

When I launch the app and connect via null modem is all I need to do is point ther browser to the file then click execute. I did this and still not getting a scan. If the ececution on the uploader runs do I kjnow for sure that has flashed the box ?

I tried the manual scan but again only getting about 20 channels , I would say the fta ones sky 2 sky sports news etc. None of the irish channels.

14. mulleng2

mulleng2 Member

Hi, tried factory reset and automatic scan, eurovox tx still not performing full scan, unable to flash box, can anyone let me know the frequency comedy central and comedy central+1 are on as these are the only channels i watch from the ones i've lost.

15. gregmis

gregmis Member

When you say its not doing a full scan...what do you mean ?.

16. harpojj

harpojj Member

Mine is having the same problem.
    When I do autoscan it gets to a certain precent (51%) and frequency of scan and just hangs there.
    I've gone to the individual frequencies (that show a good signal strength) and done manual scans for these and got all channels that way.
    I've also noticed that the unit reboots itself some evenings for no reason!

Don't have the cable and can't remember how to reflash.

17. gregmis

gregmis Member

I had this issue about a month ago. A full scan hangs at a particular frequency. There are 2 fixes for this.
    1) Wait for the problem to go away...which it will after a few days
    or
    2) Upload a CDF with a creation dates of later that Aug this year. (Earlier ones point at old freqencies)

18. mulleng2

mulleng2 Member

It stops at frequency 322, only got 76 channels instead of 90'ish, It's been like this for a month or so, it is also re-booting itself a lot lately.

19. harpojj

harpojj Member

1) Been like this over a month now
    2)I'd love to know what and how to do that

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  20. doiremik

doiremik Member

ahha What Euro Vox??? Hi Lads I have a EuroVox TX that I got from a friend and I'm on Ch0rus/NT1 MMDS (the one with the funny satelite dish). So I want to get another box for another room but cant seem to find to many of these for sale online.

Can someone please tell me

1) The best box to get (ideally I would like HDMI on it..dont really need a Hard Drive)

2) Best site to buy from

thanks D