1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Eurovox TX For MMDS

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by sc0user, Nov 6, 2007.

1. mmdsinfo

mmdsinfo Member

that's interesting.

i'll try reflashing again tonight and see if it manages to clear the keys this time.

tnx for ur input

2. papaq

papaq Member

And just to make it more perplexing, I just managed to get a box to reflash with the correct software - or at least I thought I had ( no UAdL - numerals counting upward - please wait writing etc etc
    but when I connect the box up - still v11_11_07
    What the F*** is going on with these boxes????

3. mmdsinfo

mmdsinfo Member

Ya something odd alright..

I'll admit I must be wrong with my first impression that the software didn't have the cams installed..

however i still ain't got mine to work..

But i'll reflash the hell out of it tonight and see if i get lucky..

thanks for your help.

4. papaq

papaq Member

I'm SLOWLY managing to get these boxes reflashed with the correct software - Here's some observations:
    THESE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE TRYING TO REFLASH THE BOX WITH THE 23_11_07 SOFTWARE BUT THE SYSTEM INFO STILL TELLS YOU THAT 11_11_07 IS LOADED.

When flashing if the display on the box says "UAdL" - it ain't gonna happen!

If the loader fails to enter a writing phase after downloading - or the writing phase is only a few seconds - it ain't gonna happen!

If the display shows ascending numerals while downloading - you're getting there!

If the loader enters a writing phase (with the display showing "96" or similar) and the writing phase lasts for 30 or more seconds - looking good!

Connect the box to a TV and check that the system info says 23_11_07
    If so you're in business.

Just cause a box doesn't reflash first time don't worry, over the last couple of hours I've got seven to reflash - sometime it took many, many attempts!!!

What we need is new SW and loader

Anyone listening???

5. bcashion

bcashion Regular member

So have these been confirmed to work on Analogue MMDS.
    A friend of mine told me that there is NO box available for MMDS analogue, only Digital MMDS.
    I am waiting to get confirmation on this so I can order one.
    Thanks.
    Sham.

6. mmdsinfo

mmdsinfo Member

have had all the good stuff happen.. still no encrypted channels

did you reset to factory settings?
    or when did you rescan etc?

have the right software but still nothing...

tnx

7. mmdsinfo

mmdsinfo Member

ive noticed the vadl appears when you start the flash before the box is powered on...

when the box is already powered on it counts up...

8. mmdsinfo

mmdsinfo Member

ok,, now i see a message on the screen

"Data is being updated [0]%"

and it works..

what i did was factory reset.

started the flash.. then powered on the box with the vadl or whatever visible on the box the leave it on any channel... i picked channel4

yahooo!!!!!
    working......

but bloody hell.... i agree something fishy going on..

9. shguilf

shguilf Member

hey all, are you doing automatic scan or manual scan? If manual what settings are using

10. mmdsinfo

mmdsinfo Member

manual scan mate..
    easies way to find your transponder is start at 218mhz
    i.e. 218000 on the display keep going up in 8mhz steps until you see a signal on your right hand side level meters...

as soon as...

enable the network scan

and start it off

remember you need ur downconverter pointed in the correct direction and you need a power inserter inline.

11. Grahamo

Grahamo Member

Could anyone give me an idiots guide as to what's needed to flash this box as mine has the 11-11-07 software and isn't working.

12. mmdsinfo

mmdsinfo Member

This is what worked for me... (but i'm not 100% positive it wan't just luck, main think to keep flashing the hell out of it until that software updates!)

1) Factory reset
    2) Switch off box
    3) Start the flash (im assuming you have the files posted previously and are connected via serial null modem cable!!)
    4) Switch on the box (progress bar will start moving)
    5) When it's finished (you'll get a message box "download complete") scan for your channels/services.
    6) put it on any channel and wait.. you should see a message "Data is being updated [0]%"
    7) Channels will clear.

keep trying that after a while it will work.

13. SRFC08

SRFC08 Member

Hi Guys I'm just a total newbie to this. I bought the eurovox max 2008 series but it wouldn't work for me - couldn't get a signal. I live in Oranmore in Galway which is MMDS. I read through some of this thread and I think from what I read it doesn't work for MMDS is that right?

I tried it in my friends house in town in Galway done a powerscan and it worked perefect. Is this TX box the one I should be getting or is there another one. I'm not that good technically so would like one where it just scans automatically for the channels. Or is that just not possible. If ye could direct me to a thread on info for flashing or whatever needs to be done that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Gary.

14. DELLBUY

DELLBUY Member

It should be TX but if i was you id step back and wait to see if these are working properly and then take ur pick

15. SRFC08

SRFC08 Member

thanks for the reply. So the Eurovox max 2008 series definitely won't work so will it? is there any good working model out there for N*L MMDS Galway that doesn't require much effort or should I just hold out to see if the tx model is good?

Thanks again

16. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

Don't mix up chorus mmds and ntl mmds.
    Your box is working for ntl mmds. The TX model is only for chorus mmds.

17. SRFC08

SRFC08 Member

thanks for the replies. I've made a balls of this. After I got the box back from my friend where it worked I tried it again in my own house just done a power scan and it worked I got about 30 channels. I then ran a scan from 100 - 800MHZ and got 45. I was still mising sky sports 1 and the sky movie channels. After I saw the posts I first tried changing the frequency to 6.887 and got no channels back at all. I then tried going to channel edit to try and manually put in sky sports 1 from the frequency that Celtic71 gave me and no joy. I changed back then to the original 6.952 and got no channels at all. I went to Config and restored factory defaults thought this would do the trick so i'd at least get the 30 or so channels I had in the first place but still no joy.

When I go to into Ch Edit I have nothing at the moment tried entering a channel it will let me save it but when I do the power scan I only get this channel that I have saved but it doesn't have a picture. I've tried the full and normal scans and I'm getting nothing now. While it's scanning the Quality and level are both around the 90% mark. When It worked for me the first time after the scan I had 30 or so channels in the User Installation. Now every time I have none or else 1 if I try and add a channel in the Ch Edit screen but don't see anything for this.

Also in the userinstallation screen when I have no channels and press the Update Channels button I get an error message No transponder to scan

Any ideas where I have gone wrong? thanks a lot

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  18. shguilf

shguilf Member

hey all,
    just to confirm that I bought my box blank.donwloaded the software from this thread last night and connected up to TV and it scanned all tv channels & radio for me no problem using the automatic scan. I can therefore confirm that it works fine in the offaly area!

19. Grahamo

Grahamo Member

I've just been sent this info from who i bought my box off, haven't had a chance to try it yet.
    Can you go to menu then language settings press ok then on key pad press 1968 to secret menu and make sure the emulation is enabled by using the scroll button to the right then exit out to main tv screen and go to sky sports 1 and wait for the box to update the codes ok this might take a few mins so be patient and dont change the channel ok thanks

20. SuperJari

SuperJari Member

What version software have you on your box? I have the 11/11 but cannot flash the TX with the later version. Downloading progress does not move off zero. I've tried all the ways mentioned in here to flash the box but it just wont flash. This box is destined for Offaly but i need to know can I send it down to my cousin with the 11/11 on it.