1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New forum user levels

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Jun 4, 2003.

1. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Ok, after tons of complains and questions, the userlevel system has been changed. Now, the userlevels that you can see across our sites (AfterDawn.com forums, DVDXCopy forums) are with their explanations:

Inactive:
    -user's account has been disabled. This can happen if the email address in our email database becomes "invalid" and "bounces" or the user can be banned by admins.

-just joined in

-more than 25 posts

-more than 100 posts

-hand-picked individuals with tons of posts and good rep among mods and admins

AfterDawn Addict
    -guys with literally thousands of messages

DVDXCopy Moderator
    -self-explaining, can administrate the DVDXCopy forums, but not the AfterDawn.com forums.

-can administrate both, DVDXCopy and AfterDawn.com forums.

Staff Member
    -guy who works for AfterDawn.com

Admin
    -guy who works for AfterDawn.com

Da Boss
    -me :)

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

awwww there's no funny ones there :(. dRD you forgot to make a few for the stupid guys like, the guys who come in and get banned straight away, instead of just inactive you could put dumbass there or something :D lol!

Still though, nice update mate!! ;-)

3. dRD

The main update itself that I forgot to highlight is the fact that now Newbie->Jr->Member statuses change automatically, not like in the past when we had to do the changes manually. So, people arent whining that much anymore ;-)

4. Dela

lol, yep! I think you said that on IRC and i couldnt agree more, with new users everyday i'd just hate having to change them manually!!! As for myself, 5,000 is a big WOW holy sh.. i need to lay off a bit lol but nah i think i'll just set my new target now ---> 10,000. Then i think it's time for me to stop lol. BTW, any news on where images can be uploaded yet?? cause i mean i have about 20-30 guide ideas and 1 almost finished with pics - divx/xvid/dvd to vcd/svcd using DVD2SVCD with TMPGEnc or CCE SP or Canopus ProCoder. Bit of a head wrecking guide cause I keep forgetting the little things lol!!

EDIT: Oh yes please excuse me putting this here but i just had a request. Could it be possible in future to add anchor tags to the forum so that if you were writting a guide you could put a contents list with bookmarks so that scrolling down and loking through loads of text wont turn people away from the guide?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Come Say Hi on IRC!!! Server: irc.emule-project.net channel: #ad_buddies
    James![/small]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2003
  5. dRD

If you have guides/ideas for guides, talk with me on IRC and we can work out somekinda temporary arrangement -- the final solution for images isn't decided yet, but meanwhile I can always fork something for you, too many servers with too many ftpd's here :)

The anchor tags idea is good, although you would be probanly the only one ever to use them, so I dont think its worth bothering at this stage.

6. c7015

c7015 Regular member

how can we find out how many messages that we have wrote if it is 1000's of posts to become an addict just want to see where I am lol

7. Dela

The only way is to actually ask dRD himself i think lol, but i dont see him answering right now because if he does, how many more people are gonna ask tommorrow, and the day after and the day after ;-)

8. c7015

c7015 Regular member

and the next day...

yeah maybe he will read it and take it upon himself to send me a pm ......
    lol

9. telescope

telescope Regular member

10. c7015

c7015 Regular member

same for me thats weird it brings me to the front