1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New graphics card freezing at start up

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by icemen, Mar 11, 2012.

1. icemen

icemen Regular member

Hi

I bought a new Sapphire Radeon 6870 HD 1GB card to for my PC today. I have registered to your site so you should be able to find my details.
    I had a Nvidia 9600GT previously, I removed the drivers & installed the new card, When I install the drivers for the Radeon & reboot my machine it freezes at the starting windows page. If I then reboot in safe mode & remove the drivers & restart the PC boots up. Can you please help me as to where i'm going wrong. I been reading on this it could be there are conflicting drivers causing the issue.
    My operating system is Windows 7 64 Bit Ultimate. MY power supply is 600W. My motherboard is a Asus P5K SE/EPU.
    Can you give me a idiots guide to resolve this issue.
    Any help is appreciated

thankz

ICe

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try downloading the latest driver from ati if you haven't already. run ccleaner\registry til it doesn't find anymore stuff. don't bother with creating restore point when doing that. does the card need extra power? can you try the card in another pc to see if still have a problem or not as ran into that with a customer & it ended was a defective card even tho was brand new.

3. icemen

icemen Regular member

tried the latest driver doesn't work, don't think its the power as it only requires 500w & mines a 600w. Where do I download ccleaner\registry?
    Will manufacture replace if it is fualty?

thankz
    Ice

4. smoggie66

smoggie66 Regular member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  5. ddp

that is what they did with the customer's, replaced it as was brand new in a brand new system.

6. icemen

icemen Regular member

I fixed this problem now, I deleted all drivers & re-installed window, happy days ;-)

7. ddp

good.