1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new guy just trying to learn something!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by arturocr2, Apr 25, 2005.

1. arturocr2

arturocr2 Guest

just want to know if there´s a program that works like dvdxcopy
    platinum,but, one that gives you the option to browse,and copy, the movies
    already in your system,cause dvd x copy platinum won´t do it
    and besides that, want to know how can I copy, o what program I need
    to recopy the movies, dvd xcopy won´t do it either.
    Any advice will be apreciated.Thanks in advance

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

arturocr2,
    Welcome to the forum. I would suggest that you D/L DVDShrink and DVDDecrypter. You can use DVDDecrypter to rip the DVD and Shrink to compress and then use DVDDecrypter to burn the image file that Shrink can make to a Blank DVD. Both programs are free

If the files are already on the HD and they are DVD-Compliant files then you can just use Shrink to compress the files and DVDDecrypter to burn them

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

If you need help using these programs, check out bbmayo's or scubapete's guides in my sig.

4. arturocr2

arturocr2 Guest

thanks for the advice fellows I'll try some of this and I'll let ya'll know what happen,in the meantime I would like to ask one more thing that happens whenever I install dvd x copy .
    when I try to play a video o certain songs my cp will shut down and reestart then igives me an error and send me to the manufacturer of the sound card to get updates, and I got them but still doing the same,so I uninstall dvd xcopy for a while and play all the videos or songs again and they play rigth again ,so I'd reinstall dvd x copy and it does the same again. any advice for this? Thanks in advance.

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Sounds like the program are in conflict w/ either a .dll or a driver. If it was me I would just take the program off the HD as it is too screwy. If you can figure out what conflicts there are good luck

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I'd suggest getting rid of X Copy. It causes nothing but problems for most people, me included. Using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink, along with the guides in my sig, you can get an even better quality backup than with X Copy, and the best part - the programs are [bold]FREE![/bold]