1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Hard Drive

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by MMoses999, Feb 1, 2007.

1. MMoses999

MMoses999 Member

I have a new 250 gig hard drive which has recently started acting up. It wont show up as a device nor is it accesible. I assume something is going wrong with it so i used HDD Regenerator to recover bad sectors which found several and recovered them all. Now i see 131 gigs of the total and its unpartitioned. Is their a way to get the remaining gigs back and is their a way to partition this drive and recover the files that were on it. I've done just about everything i know how to and am still having problems. If anyone has any advice i would appreciate their ideas to help solve my problem. Thanks for your time.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

partition magic is a great program that can partition any unused space on the hard drive. As far as recoving data you can look around but there are many different repair and recovery programs that may have the feature. But in order to recover data the PC at least has to recognize that the drive is there.
    Programs to look at:
    Teckiez Toolkit
    PC Surgeon
    Norton Utilities
    Partition Magic
    administrators pack 2006 pro

If you use torrents or Rapidshare just search some sites for "repair" and "recovery" and you will see plenty of things.

3. ID10Teror

ID10Teror Member

I am not 100% positive, but on XP I believe you have to have SP2 to show more than 132 gigs, you may want to search on this.

If you have SP2, I don't know

gl

4. ireland

ireland Active member

RIGHT CLICK ON MY COMPUTER,then properties
    info is under the general tab..

5. MMoses999

MMoses999 Member

Thanks for the support. I do have sp2 however im not too sure what i could offer me or what u might be suggesting me to use it for. If you could help me a little more in regards to getting back my full drive and accessing that data i would appreciate it. Thanks again.

6. ID10Teror

ID10Teror Member

try formating with a utility from the drive makers website